Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of you guys put up a Christmas trees or Christmas lights on your house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you guys put up a Christmas trees or Christmas lights on your house?

Do you put up a real tree or an artificial tree?
    Do you go out in your deer woods and cut your own tree down?

No Humbug here Ebenezer Scrooge!!!
    Attached Files

No sir.
    With no kids in the house, we don't "decorate" nor celebrate CHRISTmas in the "commercial" fashion by exchanging gifts etc.
    If we can, we "conference" call and all have a extended chat.
    Just our preference. Others can do as they please.

Comment

If it was not for my wife, there would be very little decorating going on here ! She has consented to a small artificial tree being used which I am thankful for. When the weather was nicer a week ago, she did “threaten” me in her own way to do some outside lighting which I must admit does look pretty good, but those words have not yet escaped my lips. I like to see other’s decorations, now if they would only also do mine, I would be happy ?!

Comment

Nope. I'm single and live alone, so there's no need for decoration. Bah, humbug! I don't do any Christmas shopping either, now that my nieces and nephews are grown -- except for the ingredients I need to make the fudge I hand out in the workplace. I get pretty festive with that: I put everyone's portions in disposable plastic containers with red bows stuck to them. Or some years I just buy the containers with red lids and say to heck with the bows. Merry Christmas everyone!

Comment

Are you kidding me. I'm married to a kindergarten teacher. We have 2 fiber optic 7' ers in the living room alone. Wreaths on every door, stockings hung and she's a snowman freak. Got those white devils of every description everywhere. I dream I'm in the Bianchi cup and all the targets are snowmen. Makes Santas workshop look like an abandoned car wash. But I love it, yes I do. Can l have more special Kool aid please? My favorite all time present you ask? Squirrel feeders! That look like small adirondack chairs!

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
            Are you kidding me. I'm married to a kindergarten teacher. We have 2 fiber optic 7' ers in the living room alone. Wreaths on every door, stockings hung and she's a snowman freak. Got those white devils of every description everywhere. I dream I'm in the Bianchi cup and all the targets are snowmen. Makes Santas workshop look like an abandoned car wash. But I love it, yes I do. Can l have more special Kool aid please? My favorite all time present you ask? Squirrel feeders! That look like small adirondack chairs!
            Mr. D, LOL, my wife is also a holiday fanatic, putting decorations up and making holiday cookies. ?
            I do the Christmas lights out front on the rain gutter, with a six foot step ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
              No sir.
              With no kids in the house, we don't "decorate" nor celebrate CHRISTmas in the "commercial" fashion by exchanging gifts etc.
              If we can, we "conference" call and all have a extended chat.
              Just our preference. Others can do as they please.
              Bubba, thanks for enlarging the word Christ in Christmas. ?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                If it was not for my wife, there would be very little decorating going on here ! She has consented to a small artificial tree being used which I am thankful for. When the weather was nicer a week ago, she did “threaten” me in her own way to do some outside lighting which I must admit does look pretty good, but those words have not yet escaped my lips. I like to see other’s decorations, now if they would only also do mine, I would be happy ?!
                Every year I go to the Christmas tree lighting in the center of town. I miss the Bama and Auburn iron bowl game the same day, ever since my wife's sister got sick with Lung Cancer. The two of them would go out the front door like happy grammar school kids. Now, that Theresa has past on, I guess it's a yearly event for me. ?
                I do not have the heart to tell my wife to go by herself? ?

Comment

You now what's funny is that I had a high school teacher name Mr. Schmidt

Comment

You are a good man Gary. It is better to be nice than always happy. But then doing nice things for loved ones also makes one nice and happy. Merry Christmas Gary, and to your wife !

Comment

A Dr. ruined Christmas for our family. We had a Sister very ill on support and Christmas morning the Dr. called to say they stopped support and let her die. I always thought he could have waited another day.

Comment

A couple of days before the big day, I'll go out in my woods and cut a small cedar or pine and the wife and I will decorate it with a string of lights and some red bows---quick and simple. On the gate where you enter my property, I'll hang some sort of decoration, sometimes a "Bah, Humbug" wreath. We will decorate more elaborately if our kids and grandkids are coming, but it's a long and inconvenient trip for them, so we usually see them in the summertime.
                        Merry Christmas, everybody.

Comment

Thanks for the he kind words. You are correct.
                          I guess if was smart, I would record the game to watch it later? ?
                          Happy Holidays to you and your family also. ???

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                            Nope. I'm single and live alone, so there's no need for decoration. Bah, humbug! I don't do any Christmas shopping either, now that my nieces and nephews are grown -- except for the ingredients I need to make the fudge I hand out in the workplace. I get pretty festive with that: I put everyone's portions in disposable plastic containers with red bows stuck to them. Or some years I just buy the containers with red lids and say to heck with the bows. Merry Christmas everyone!
                            Matt, Back during my single days, I put up Christmas lights and a tree.
                            It really impressed any single ladies I brought back for a drink. ?
                            A little soft music and dim the lights. You never know how the night will turn out? ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                              A Dr. ruined Christmas for our family. We had a Sister very ill on support and Christmas morning the Dr. called to say they stopped support and let her die. I always thought he could have waited another day.
                              Jimbo, the military telegram waited till after Christmas to tell my mother's family. Mom was Just a little girl, and her older brother Bill died in Italy during war. He was a WW2 pilot and his Bomber plane was shot down.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget