Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two or three years ago, I posted photos on F&S of my very 1st time tailgating. Today was my 2nd time and it was windy & cold.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two or three years ago, I posted photos on F&S of my very 1st time tailgating. Today was my 2nd time and it was windy & cold.

I drove down to my cousin's house today Sunday at 4:45 in the morning. Jumped in his small motor home decorated and converted into a Philadelphia Eagle's vehicle. We picked up five other friends and relatives who were coming with us. My cousin said "Devine you ready to go bear hunting", because the Eagles were playing the Chicago Bears.
    The gate to the tailgating parking lot open at 6 in the morning. We drove in parked at my cousin's favorite parking spot than set up.
    We pulled the awning out. Put tables and chairs out. We helped my cousin hang up fourteen flags of local businesses and he gets paid for flying their flags during every Eagle home game. The money he gets goes toward the tailgating food for each game.
    It was windy and cold this morning. I had a sweatshirt, a heavy hoodie, thick vest with gloves on. It was awesome to watch the sunrise.
    We set up a large TV on the side of my cousin's motor house and turned on the sports channel ESPN.
    More friends and relatives were showing up in their vehicles afterwards. They cooked up thirty to forty egg & porkroll on a round roll. They also had donuts and two boxes of coffee from Dunkin Donuts. The coffee in styrofoam cup in the parking lot really warmed me up big time.
    The young guys set up two slanted boards with a hole in it for bean bag horse shoe. If you throw the bean bag in the hole you get 3 points and if your bean bag lands on the wooden board you get one point. The young guys loved it. We had at least sixty people in our crowd. Many of them met each other during pass tailgating football parties.
    They put three croak pots out on the folding table. One had sausage, one had chili and the last had roast beefs.
    There was so much food, I couldn't believe it. They made burgers, hot dogs and Philly cheese steak sandwiches.
    Desserts were on one table but who had room for dessert?
    We walked into the stadium got in our seats than the Eagles and Bears game started at 1 pm.
    Nobody on the field kneeled down during the National Anthem and the Bald Eagle Challenger flew across the stadium and landed on his keeper's arm standing down on the field.
    Eagles beat the Bears.
    We walked back to our vehicles and they did more cooking so everybody ate again waiting for the parking lot traffic to die down. The stadium food is to expensive.
    Great day and lots of fun.
    BTW, Congratulations to the Auburn Tigers for knocking off the number one college team Alabama. I bet Wam and other Bama Lovers are crying the blues? I bet Auburn football fan Pig Hunter is happy? ?
    Attached Files

You must have been sitting close to the 50-yard line.
    My seats are always in the end zone.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
      You must have been sitting close to the 50-yard line.
      My seats are always in the end zone.
      They were great seats. I paid more in the past for seats in the lower level and there were blind spots on the field. I couldn't see what was happening in the corner of the field.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
        Looks like a fun time. Thanks for mentioning my Auburn Tigers win over Alabama. Been betting a pepperoni pizza on the game since 1991. This year my Alabama alum friend has to buy!
        PH, enjoy your pizza and there is a new boss team the state of Alabama.
        Good luck in the final four playoffs. ?
        I will never forget when Auburn beat Bama in the last seconds after running back a punt.
        Wam was pi$$ed after Bubba was teasing him with funny humor laughing and chuckling.
        Never seen Wam that mad.

Comment

Around here, we call the bean-bag game "Corn-Hole." I don't know why, other than the fun of telling someone who just beat you that he's "definitely the more experienced corn-holer." It's always the main attraction at the summertime family reunions.

Comment

Sounds like a good time was had by all. But please explain that sweat thing again?

Comment

Originally posted by rockhound View Post
              Sounds like a good time was had by all. But please explain that sweat thing again?
              Yes, I think Gary misspelled one of the garments he was wearing.
              Quick, Gary, hit the edit key.

Comment

One user brings up my mistake on misusing then and than. Another user, brings up a misspell word.
                Is this English class with Mrs. Lewellend, or is this a friendly website with brother Sportsmen?
                I hated English class, but I was excellent in math classes. ??+

Comment

Five more tailgating photos from the Eagle's parking lot.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The Boy Cott of the NFL has cost the Three channels 140,000K in lost Rev, The talk is Pay TV only to see the NFL Play! Super Bowl anyone!?!

Comment

It's not English class, but when you say "I had a sweat shit," all kinds of concerns come to mind. We were just worried, is all.

Comment

Its doesn't bother me what people believe.
                        If you don't know me by now something is wrong.
                        Sweat means, moisture exuded through the pores of the skin.
                        Sorry, I separated sweat and shirt. God Forbid!

Comment

Gary - Check the spelling of the word "shirt." It is missing an important letter.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
                            Looks like a fun time. Thanks for mentioning my Auburn Tigers win over Alabama. Been betting a pepperoni pizza on the game since 1991. This year my Alabama alum friend has to buy!
                            PH, Tough game this week for Auburn against the Georgia Bulldogs. Can the Tigers beat them again this year?
                            Top Answer, for your favorite team for beating up Bama. I love it! It made my day!
                            Bama is like the Yankees in baseball, because they have dominated in the past with championship trophies.

Comment

Gary
                              I was the one in class that couldn't spell it, but once sh was put in front if it I saw the light. Just having good laugh at the post. I honestly was glad you and friends had a good time. Ms lewellend would be proud of her former student.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget