More complete background checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
    So I am for this. As a Libertarian, I can assure you that the States have no duty to help the Feds prosecute you (well except for certain circumstances), but I think stuff that should go on the NICS should go on the NICS.

Here's hoping they actually do something about the actual # of prosecutions.
    Bucky, guess I'm pretty much a "Libertarian". As far as I'm concerned, the Fed Gov't has its duties lined out in the Constitution.
    I DO, however, agree that we are a far cry from the antiquated, wilderness civilization we were in the 1770's and the Constitution may need a bit of "tweaking" here, there and yonder.

The "Second Amendment" IS NOT one of those tweaks!

I'm a firm believer that the NFA '38, GCA '68 and all following gun regulations and Form 4473 need to go the way of the "doo-doo" bird!
    But we all know THAT will never happen!

Personally, I don't think there are enough honest, trustworthy and moral politicians left in D.C. that would/could address any changes to the Constitution in the same manner Jefferson, Franklin, Adams, Hamilton et al did in the 1770's!
    Most of today's politicians are the moral equivalent of Bill and Hillary Clinton!

Comment

The U.S. Supreme Court has recently ruled that the Constitution permits the prohibition of firearms possession by criminals and the mentally ill.
      So there are "exceptions" to the Second Amendment, and the Fix NICS Act addresses those exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
        The U.S. Supreme Court has recently ruled that the Constitution permits the prohibition of firearms possession by criminals and the mentally ill.
        So there are "exceptions" to the Second Amendment, and the Fix NICS Act addresses those exceptions.
        The fourteenth amendment states:
        ______“All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.”

So states can deprive a person of liberty through due process of law. Not an exception, a constitutional provision.

Comment

Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
          Nothing remains the same for very long,here in the good ol U.S.A we have enjoyed our gun freedoms for generations,however the hounds of public grievances keep nipping at these freedoms slowly eroding the base at which our right to arms by the citizens of this country have long sustained. Gun registration is looming on the horizon,certification of compliance along with mental competency next.Future generations of gun advocates may not have enough voice to be heard or recognized to counter the dismantling of the 2nd amendment.
          I agree with most of your post above 6p with the exception of your remark about what appeared to be a slam against mental competency in regards to people being able to own guns. I know there will be some who will argue this point in regards to judging mental fitness, but there must be some benchmark to this issue. We can not possibly leave the door open to everyone being in ownership of guns, that being directly expressed regarding mentality. How that is going to be determined, I do not know, but let’s hope someone does.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget