Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the American man/woman turning into?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the American man/woman turning into?

I was just skimming through MSN and saw a feature, "The 170 coolest gifts ever," and when I went through the list there were only four or five gifts that remotely be connected to the outdoors---one was a multitool (ok), another was a pair of LL
    Bean boots (described as classic footwear). There was a colorful rock climbing harness and a backpack for your doggie, a tent that no self-respecting Boy Scout would use and a pair of 'hiking shoes' that were "equally at home on the trail and in the bar." Most of the stuff was just too [email protected] cute, sweet and twee for me to even think about. Makes me glad I'm as old as I am, but I hope I still have time to tempt a few more kids over to the outdoor side before I finish.

Makes me want to redouble my efforts to help kids fishing on my favorite pier in the summer. It's truly rewarding when a youngster comes up to me and thanks me for getting him started a few years ago. (There are lots of us old pier rats on the Gulf Shores Pier who help the kids and tourists.)

In 25 years real men will be hard to find. And it has nothing to do with hunting and fishing. I'm talking about men who can just get it done. In 25 years a man who can make living with hands with be well paid.

Comment

It is what it is. Everything is available at our fingertips these days. America is turning fat and lazy.

Comment

PigHuntress refers to it as the Sissification of America. There are books and web blogs addressed the same.

How about this list?
        > Gransfors Bruks - Small Forest Axe
        > Bark River - Bravo 1 knife
        > Danner Boots - Pronghorn 8-inch hunting boots
        > Henry - .45-70 Lever Action rifle
        > Penn - 6000 fishing reel

I already have the boots but will be more than happy to receive any of the other items for Christmas ;-)

Comment

The Kids/Men of today are pansy's Eye & face make-up?? Woman/girls of today dress & look like Hookers/Bar-girls back in the Nam. just saying;-((

Comment

Originally posted by JM View Post
            It is what it is. Everything is available at our fingertips these days. America is turning fat and lazy.
            Fat for sure. People need to get out and move, even if it is just walking. I am in a hiking club and there is not a overweight person there, except maybe me. I do the 5 and 10 mile hikes but they have 20, 30 and 40 mile hikes to go on.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
              In 25 years real men will be hard to find. And it has nothing to do with hunting and fishing. I'm talking about men who can just get it done. In 25 years a man who can make living with hands with be well paid.
              Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs is working to get people interested in learining a trade instead of thinking college is a must. College prepares people for jobs that don't exist and leave the people with a mountain of debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                The Kids/Men of today are pansy's Eye & face make-up?? Woman/girls of today dress & look like Hookers/Bar-girls back in the Nam. just saying;-((
                LOL! Treestand - I really like how the women dress these days. Makes for some interesting sights on the dance floor at my favorite bar ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                  PigHuntress refers to it as the Sissification of America. There are books and web blogs addressed the same.

How about this list?

I already have the boots but will be more than happy to receive any of the other items for Christmas ;-)
                  Well remember, Santa is making a list, and checking it twice...

Comment

How about this?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

How about this list?

Well, I'm screwed if Santa is checking the list that closely. I've been naughty several times already this year and there's over 4 weeks left until Christmas Eve...

Comment

I have to confess to being fat, but I just LOOK like a couch potato. I'm always out and doing. I just hate being skinny---people used to kick sand in my face and laugh at me. And dieting makes me hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                          Agree...PH, You can see them today walking around Wal*Mart,With their SpandX Shorts & Yoga Pants....loos tops(.)(.)...sporting there Hooker heals;-))

Comment

I was skinny.....till,I hooked up with ms. Toni now i'm 198lb from 165lb." Good living Or Good loving"?And she sure looks in her spandex jeans & her over the shoulder bolder holders tank top;-))

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
                              Being a Mechanic! they never goes out of stile and never go hungry!! They can make Cars/Trucks Driverless? But they still need service;-)) Power to all the Wrench Benders!!!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget