Rethinking and Rekindling the Church Carry Question and Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pray- hunt-work View Post
    If the Good Lord intended for devine intervention against every bad event then there would be no need for personal protection. Where there are people there will be evil. We as christians are not asked to be sheep. I would say that protecting Christians in a house of God is much more pleasing to him than laying down and doing nothing.
    When I was a wee lad, I felt totally safe in church because it was the house of The Lord.
    Lightning could not strike it.
    If a church shooting took place like the one in Sutherland Springs at that time in my life, my faith would have been utterly destroyed.

Comment

If the Good Lord intended for devine intervention against every bad event then there would be no need for personal protection. Where there are people there will be evil. We as christians are not asked to be sheep. I would say that protecting Christians in a house of God is much more pleasing to him than laying down and doing nothing.
      Well I am a believer. When my step uncle crashed his car in a Pennsylvania corn field and my father with my two youngest brothers didn't have a scratch on them, that was a divine intervention.
      That car just missed a concrete culvert and if you seen that car you swear nobody lived.
      My mother and father were strict Catholics and went to church more then once a week. They paid big bucks to send their eight kids to catholic school instead of free public school.

The Lord was in that car that night. It was a damn miracle and I don't give a hoot if anybody don't agree.
      My aunt's second husband was showing off in front of my little brothers and was driving over 100 miles an hour.
      My little brothers were saying Go, Go, Go. The highway had a slight turn but the car kept going straight into the cornfield. The speedometer was stuck on a hundred and ten miles an hour.

My dumbass step uncle got a large cut on his head. My dad had a few manhattens that night and my mother didn't talk to him for a month. She was really pi$$ed off.
      True Story! That was Divine intervention, brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
        Most Residents of the Garden State are defenseless in church.
        My only hope are these words below;

"1. I’ll be strong and true and have courage to do the things that are asked of me.
        I’ll defend the right with all of my might,
        The Lord will watch over me.
        He protected Daniel in the lion’s den.
        He protected David from the giant Philistine,
        and Samuel upon a city wall, and Lehi’s family too.
        For when we have faith and trust in the Lord,
        He’ll protect and bless and watch over me and you.

2. I’ll be like the prophets of long ago, I’ll do as the Lord commands.
        In these latter days when evil abounds,
        He protected Shadrach in the fiery flames.
        He protected Jonah in the belly of a fish,
        and Helaman and his two thousand sons, and Noah’s family too.
        He’ll protect and bless and watch over me and you."
        "You better bury Ned right!.. . Better not cut up, nor otherwise harm no whores... or I'll come back and kill every one of you son of a bitches."

Comment

Sorry Gary, didn't mean to say that I don't believe God has a hand in our daily lives. Only saying I don't believe he prevents every evil. Regardless of location.

Comment

Phw, just look at Job.
            Satan called all the shots.
            Job lost his family, his wife, his money and his holdings.
            Everything!
            God NEVER intervened.

Comment

Exactly Sir!

Comment

PHW, no offense taken here.
                I know you are a believer also. ??

Comment

Thanks guys. Interesting. Sorry. I kicked this off and got caught up in both work and a minor family issue. I thought in the original discussions here and F&S there was a fair bit of consternation about carrying on hallowed ground. Was looking to see that side a bit. Everyone showed up strapped. Good men.

Gary, I'm not going to criticize following the law or recommend that you do not, but there is the allowed vs. able debate. That said, I stay out of NJ and partly because I can't carry. If it was the law I lived under, which I do feel is truly unjust, I don't know what I would do.

Really is infringing on not just 'Ma rights!' as an esoteric concept, but my ability to defend myself and those around me. It's unacceptable. I don't understand how a state full of citizens allows it to get to that point and then lives under it.

Comment

Believer or not, I have a hard time with divine intervention in every day events. For every one who seemingly miraculously walks away from an accident, there are the 95% who had horrible accidents which ended exactly as one would expect. If I don't find fault with God for those, it's hard to give credit for the other. This does not mean I can't feel gratitude if a loved one is in the 5%.
                    But that's just me.

Comment

I don't know about "divine intervention", but I know some folks who survived events that defy any other explanation...myself included!
                      I've also met folks involved in some of the most "minor" incidents you can imagine and end up maimed or crippled for life!

That being said, I do understand your position.

I think the "it just wasn't his/her/your turn" may be a bit more plausible.

Comment

The last miracle in my lifetime was the 1969 Mets.

Comment

99, LOL, those amazing Mets was a huge miracle from heaven.
                          JC, welcome to the OL top ten Leaderboard.
                          Its great to see fresh user blood listed.

Comment

I don't know if I qualify as fresh blood. My start date here shows '09 and I'm pretty sure I'd been lurking around before an actual login was necessary.
                            If I'm on the leader board it means we lost some good contributors. Hunt Fish Trap and Charlie elk come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                              Most Residents of the Garden State are defenseless in church.
                              My only hope are these words below;

"1. I’ll be strong and true and have courage to do the things that are asked of me.
                              I’ll defend the right with all of my might,
                              He protected Daniel in the lion’s den.
                              He protected David from the giant Philistine,
                              and Samuel upon a city wall, and Lehi’s family too.
                              He’ll protect and bless and watch over me and you.

2. I’ll be like the prophets of long ago, I’ll do as the Lord commands.
                              In these latter days when evil abounds,
                              He protected Shadrach in the fiery flames.
                              He protected Jonah in the belly of a fish,
                              and Helaman and his two thousand sons, and Noah’s family too.
                              He’ll protect and bless and watch over me and you."
                              That really was a great movie. I think it's second only to Open Range on my Westerns list.

Comment

Anybody who is still commenting on Outdoor Life is fresh blood. The user has beens are dry up blood. LMAO ?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget