Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anybody need to post a new password? This site would not allow me to do anything until I posted another password. Why??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anybody need to post a new password? This site would not allow me to do anything until I posted another password. Why??

After all these years and they now want me to change my password. It took place the same time Outdoor Life user JM got his old account back. Was this because of the spammers over at F&S? It seems like the spammers upset the Apple Cart with nutty things happening here also. Profile photos missing, you need to change your log-in password and old user website accounts are popping back up.

If the old passwaor did not meet the criteria you would be required to make a new, secure passwaor.

Comment

Yes. I was prompted about the same time as the FS attack occurred. I received and email confirming the password change.

Comment

Yep, a couple-three weeks ago. I tried changing it to "BonnierSucks24/7," but got the response, "Password strength: Weak" -- I guess because it's just stating the obvious.

Comment

Same here, just a few seconds ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
            If the old passwaor did not meet the criteria you would be required to make a new, secure passwaor.
            My old password met their criteria.

Comment

Yup, just recently I had to make a new password.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                Yep, a couple-three weeks ago. I tried changing it to "BonnierSucks24/7," but got the response, "Password strength: Weak" -- I guess because it's just stating the obvious.
                LMAO Matt, Bonnier does suck as for policing their websites.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                  So did mine, Henry.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
                    Hey Buckshot, Is it the Spammers fault? I like the idea of one posted thread per hour per user. Over two thousand incoming F&S spam threads are like a live bomb hitting the website. ?
                    Perfect Timing?

Comment

I was forced to change my password right BEFORE the spamming started...I think it is just a coincidence that you are just now being asked to change it. It was probably for the best...my old password would've been extremely easy to guess, hah.

Comment

Yes, I changed the first letter to capital. Problem solved and my ever shrinking memory can retain it. It is pretty creative though

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                          That would be a weak password, that is because everyone knows that ! How would anyone expect to keep that a secret ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pray- hunt-work View Post
                            Yes, I changed the first letter to capital. Problem solved and my ever shrinking memory can retain it. It is pretty creative though
                            PHW, great idea. I should of did that.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
                              No Clue. I don't care for that idea too much unless you mean 1 posted thread as a new question, that I could get behind. If you mean 1 post per user per hour, that would be tough because I'm always busy so when I can sneak away to the boards, I try to make the most of it as I can. If you mean 1 question max per hour, that seems like a smart and reasonable thing to do. The old site had time limits as well, but they were buggy.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Parallax adj
                                by CD2
                                Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
                                08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
                              • TriggerTech installed
                                by fitch270
                                First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
                                08-06-2022, 10:09 PM
                              • Aquila ammo test
                                by dewman
                                Tested Aquila Super Colibri (590fps), Super Extra hp (1280fps) & Interceptor (1470 fps ).
                                Super Colibri (590) maybe good up to 30' 3-1/2"-4"...
                                08-05-2022, 05:11 PM
                              • Show and Tell
                                by Amflyer
                                Show me a picture and tell me (us) about your favorite hunting or fishing something.
                                08-04-2022, 07:23 PM
                              • College Orientation News
                                by fitch270
                                Yesterday I finally got to check out the college the Kid will be attending in just three short weeks. I wasn’t really sure what to expect but left with...
                                07-30-2022, 12:37 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X