Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natalie: Where to look for the beginning of F&S spam attack. See below.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natalie: Where to look for the beginning of F&S spam attack. See below.

Note the newbie who posted a "test" answer to see if his software would break the spam filter. Hmm. Wonder if it's possible to search for "test" and find him? YESSS!!! User name was Nnone (how appropriate!!) and the thread question is "Testa" (presumable for test "A") posted and edited on 15 October. Can't give you the time because no one replied and time is not posted when threads are created, only the date. Replies have time posted and the spam attack started before anyone had time to reply. The spam attack started IMMEDIATELY after this thread was posted and Nnone him/herself has posted much of the spam. Hope this helps expedite.

I wondered how to find that. Good idea.

Comment

I am on medication from this damn sickness. I am watching ESPN Sports Center.
      I was wondering is there was anything posted on F&S, that may of pissed the Spammers off.
      I went back 264 pages of ten threads on each page of total spam.
      If you do the math that's 2,640 threads of spam.

First Bubba was the last F&S user to post a thread "Moderate Legislation" shown below.
      Maybe It's not the kids and it's the damn Democrats took offense?
      There are tons of pro football spam threads, also. We know how Brother Bubba
      feels about pro football and idiots kneeling during the National Anthem.
      Hey, I am just speculating and it's amazing what you do to kill time laid up in your recliner. :-))

https://www.fieldandstream.com/answers/other/moderate-legislation

Comment

Good detective work, Honker.
        Maybe F&S should offer a bounty for information leading to...

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
          99, Honker stated in an earlier F&S thread he was in the Military Police. He probably solved a few crimes.
          +1-99 and +2-Honk

Comment

Noon on the 16th and it's still non-stop spamming over there. Guess F&S's IT people (person?) are gone hunting?

It's hard to trust the security of a site that is obviously so poorly supervised.

Comment

If this spam is still increasing, it is computer generated software that is doing it. No person is going to sit there for a day and half to enter accounts.
              My suggestion is to not approve any new account applications after 5PM Friday until they can be evaluated on Monday. And also, have those who can deal with spam take turns being on call on the weekends so it does not shut the site down on the busy days.

Comment

Is it just a coincidence that FS lately has had a great big ad in the spot where the main feature-story photo usually is? And after surfing through some of those spams just now, I see that one of them is for streaming Star Trek episodes -- which just happens to be the ad that is up, as well. Probably coincidence, but I have never seen ads in that space before.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                  If this spam is still increasing, it is computer generated software that is doing it. No person is going to sit there for a day and half to enter accounts.
                  My suggestion is to not approve any new account applications after 5PM Friday until they can be evaluated on Monday. And also, have those who can deal with spam take turns being on call on the weekends so it does not shut the site down on the busy days.
                  That would make too much sense. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                    The Only one for this case is Det,Colombo......Natalie can't cross over & Jarret is in the Wind>>>>>>HELP!!

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                      And/or elevate a couple of the senior users to moderator status and give them authority to freeze accounts until the editors can check them out.

Comment

How long does it take to delete a butt load of crap?
                        Do those F&S IT guys have any idea what they're doing?

Comment

If these are all coming from the same IP address, could they just ban the IP address and kill it all at once?

Comment

Originally posted by Henry View Post
                            If these are all coming from the same IP address, could they just ban the IP address and kill it all at once?
                            You'd think. But I have seen the same elephant jockey mover in India dumping spam on that site intermittently for at least a year. We have reported that clown multiple times and no one seems to do anything about it. His threads are still there. I'm thinking F&S just likes the hits numbers from spammers to show their sponsors.

Comment

I just checked, and saw no spam!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Parallax adj
                                by CD2
                                Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
                                08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
                              • TriggerTech installed
                                by fitch270
                                First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
                                08-06-2022, 10:09 PM
                              • Aquila ammo test
                                by dewman
                                Tested Aquila Super Colibri (590fps), Super Extra hp (1280fps) & Interceptor (1470 fps ).
                                Super Colibri (590) maybe good up to 30' 3-1/2"-4"...
                                08-05-2022, 05:11 PM
                              • Show and Tell
                                by Amflyer
                                Show me a picture and tell me (us) about your favorite hunting or fishing something.
                                08-04-2022, 07:23 PM
                              • College Orientation News
                                by fitch270
                                Yesterday I finally got to check out the college the Kid will be attending in just three short weeks. I wasn’t really sure what to expect but left with...
                                07-30-2022, 12:37 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X