Latest on the "bump stock ban".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest on the "bump stock ban".

Some stated they would support "moderate legislation" banning bump stocks.
    Here's three links.
    Do you think this proposed legislation is "moderate"?

https://thefederalist.com/2017/10/13/new-bipartisan-bump-stock-bill-would-actually-ban-all-semi-automatic-weapons/<br>
    <br>
    http://reason.com/blog/2017/10/11/bump-stock-ban-criminalizes-possession-o<br>
    <br>
    http://freebeacon.com/issues/nra-opposes-new-bump-fire-stock-ban-bill/<br>

The Bump stock isn't the target. Owners of semi-auto is. Any modification could result in a felony conviction. Thus banning them forever to have a firearm. Smoke and mirror folks. Remember Obama care "Don't read it just pass it" It worked once so they will try again.

Comment

Originally posted by rockhound View Post
      The Bump stock isn't the target. Owners of semi-auto is. Any modification could result in a felony conviction. Thus banning them forever to have a firearm. Smoke and mirror folks. Remember Obama care "Don't read it just pass it" It worked once so they will try again.
      rockhound, I couldn't care less about banning the "bump stock".
      I'm to cheap to burn ammo that way.
      ...but you can't trust Washington bureaucrats to do ANYTHING simply and they want to ban everything, everytime.

Comment

As far as bump stocks go I say ban 'em...but the problem is that once they ban one thing, they set their sights on another item. No pun intended. They wont be pleased until guns are banned all together.

Comment

Originally posted by JM View Post
          As far as bump stocks go I say ban 'em...but the problem is that once they ban one thing, they set their sights on another item. No pun intended. They wont be pleased until guns are banned all together.
          My thoughts exactly.
          Anytime a (D) says something about legislating anything gun related, my mind screams, "NO!".

Comment

When David Berkowitz (Son of Sam killer in NYC in the 1970's) was arrested, he had a Thompson submachine gun in the back seat of his car.
            He was arrested and held for illegal possession. While being interrogated, he confessed that for his grand finale, he had planned to shoot up a disco on Long Island with the Thompson to go out in a blaze of glory.
            If he had had an AR-15 with a bump stock in the back seat, the police would have had no grounds to arrest and interrogate him.
            Just sayin.'

Comment

This weekend The Orlando Gun Show, Bump-fire Stocks were selling at $400.00 a Copy, I had a Dealer call me if i had any to sell him? NO i don't.
              Dealer cost is $68.00

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                This weekend The Orlando Gun Show, Bump-fire Stocks were selling at $400.00 a Copy, I had a Dealer call me if i had any to sell him? NO i don't.
                Dealer cost is $68.00
                I called both my kids that Monday morning, "If you want to make some money, buy a butt load of bump stocks right now."
                Don't think either one did.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                  When David Berkowitz (Son of Sam killer in NYC in the 1970's) was arrested, he had a Thompson submachine gun in the back seat of his car.
                  He was arrested and held for illegal possession. While being interrogated, he confessed that for his grand finale, he had planned to shoot up a disco on Long Island with the Thompson to go out in a blaze of glory.
                  If he had had an AR-15 with a bump stock in the back seat, the police would have had no grounds to arrest and interrogate him.
                  Just sayin.'
                  In 1991, I headed home from work.
                  I forgot about the oldest kids Christmas program and turned off the interstate on my usual path home.
                  Five point six miles down the FM road, another driver hit me head on!
                  "IF" I hadn't forgotten the Christmas program, I would have stayed on the interstate and never been involved in the wreck.

Comment

Just sayin.'
                    I doubt that statement about an AR-15. I am pretty sure they were outlawed in New York City?

Comment

Just sayin.'
                      99, I'm going to back up just a bit.
                      First, I DO understand your desire to ban/regulate the "bump fire stock".
                      Honestly? I have no use, no desire nor do I see any real purpose for the "bump fire stock" other than cover fire in a battle ground scenario.
                      By that same token, I see no "real" reason to bar/ban/regulate their sale/availability/possession/use....BUT...
                      because you are uncomfortable and feel they need to be regulated in some manner, I really couldn't care less if they are regulated!

Now!
                      Listen to my voice.
                      You know how I feel about the "bump fire stock".
                      You've also stated you don't like the Curbelo/Moulton bill "as written".
                      The only thing I feel you and I CAN agree on is to ban/regulate the "bump fire stock" ONLY.
                      This is exactly why I said, "NO!".
                      Not because I don't think the bump fire stock doesn't need regulated, but because liberals can't be trusted to go after a "singular" item and insist on passing broad, all inclusive and vague legislation that includes not only bump fire stocks, but alludes to semi auto firearms and other ambiguities that could be easily rolled into an all out firearm ban.

Consider the (D)'s as Berkowitz and "gun ban" legislation as the Tommie gun in the back seat.
                      It's not so much the "gun" as it is the operators "intent".

If that Tommie gun had been a single shot, break over .410, would they have questioned him then?
                      Without firing the gun, how did they know it was "full auto"?
                      OR...was he pulled in because of the ominous appearance of the gun?

Too many unanswered questions!

Comment

It's all legislative masturbation: feels good, accomplishes nothing, leaves a mess behind...

Comment

Dealer cost is $68.00
                          I wish I had had some $$ I would have. Lesson learned, starting the rainy day investment fund.

Comment

Dealer cost is $68.00
                            Also Treestand, at that price, I'd find a local 3-d printing house and see how fast they can crank them out...

Comment

Just sayin.'
                              "... When David Berkowitz (Son of Sam killer in NYC in the 1970's) was arrested, he had a Thompson submachine gun in the back seat of his car. ..."

When arrested, Berkowitz was in possession of:
                              1) Volunteer Commando Mark III, and yes, it resembles a Thompson and it's semi auto.
                              2) Ithica (sic) 12 gauge shotgun
                              3) two .22 rifles
                              4) the Taurus "Bull Dog" .44

Thompson's WERE available to the public in "semi auto" version only. At the time Berkowitz was arrested, you weren't required to have a license to have a "rifle".

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Parallax adj
                                by CD2
                                Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
                                08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
                              • TriggerTech installed
                                by fitch270
                                First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
                                08-06-2022, 10:09 PM
                              • Aquila ammo test
                                by dewman
                                Tested Aquila Super Colibri (590fps), Super Extra hp (1280fps) & Interceptor (1470 fps ).
                                Super Colibri (590) maybe good up to 30' 3-1/2"-4"...
                                08-05-2022, 05:11 PM
                              • Show and Tell
                                by Amflyer
                                Show me a picture and tell me (us) about your favorite hunting or fishing something.
                                08-04-2022, 07:23 PM
                              • College Orientation News
                                by fitch270
                                Yesterday I finally got to check out the college the Kid will be attending in just three short weeks. I wasn’t really sure what to expect but left with...
                                07-30-2022, 12:37 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X