Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screen names. Stupid Question of the day. Does yours have meaning to you?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    When I originally came to the F&S site, probably late '05, signing in wasn't required.
    Everybody posted and just signed their posts.
    No "stars", no "points", no "avatar".
    At that point, I was just plain old "Bubba".
    I took a hiatus in late '07 that lasted several months. When I came back, someone else was posting as "Bubba". That was about the time we had to start "logging in".
    I used "FirstBubba" to indicate I was the first to use Bubba.
    The other "Bubba" didn't stay long or changed his name. I'm too lazy to go back and change mine back again.
    I don't know that "FirstBubba" has any special connotations to me.
    I'm a "Jr.". Growing up, my dad used the given name and I got a subsidiary of "Bubba" to differentiate between the two of us.

    Sure been a lot of names that have drifted into oblivion.
    Yooper Jack
    Sayfu
    Sarge01
    RockyMtnElkHunter
    Moishe
    Hoski
    Anybody remember "blackdawgz"?
    GERG was around more back then. Work kinda put a crimp in his style, but he still pops up now and again.
    It's just about inevitable that those who just dropped out of sight are deceased.
    Hoski said "Goodbye." and left.
    ...and there has also been some "one post wonders" that just came and went!

    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
      My username was on my birth certificate.
      My profile photo with my trail cam photo of a black bear standing, waving and with his tongue out, is me to a T. :-))

      BTW, I am Still hunting Bears from my tree stand. It rained Mon, Wed, and Thur. They are calling for rain on Sat.
      What a wet week. Now I know how Treestand feels in wet Florida.
      "... My username was on my birth certificate. ..."
      ?male ?female perhaps?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
        My username was on my birth certificate.
        My profile photo with my trail cam photo of a black bear standing, waving and with his tongue out, is me to a T. :-))

        BTW, I am Still hunting Bears from my tree stand. It rained Mon, Wed, and Thur. They are calling for rain on Sat.
        What a wet week. Now I know how Treestand feels in wet Florida.
        LMAO, that was funny. It was listed "Other", like that Amazon frog in the movie Jurassic Park having both sexes.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
          When I originally came to the F&S site, probably late '05, signing in wasn't required.
          Everybody posted and just signed their posts.
          No "stars", no "points", no "avatar".
          At that point, I was just plain old "Bubba".
          I took a hiatus in late '07 that lasted several months. When I came back, someone else was posting as "Bubba". That was about the time we had to start "logging in".
          I used "FirstBubba" to indicate I was the first to use Bubba.
          The other "Bubba" didn't stay long or changed his name. I'm too lazy to go back and change mine back again.
          I don't know that "FirstBubba" has any special connotations to me.
          I'm a "Jr.". Growing up, my dad used the given name and I got a subsidiary of "Bubba" to differentiate between the two of us.

          Sure been a lot of names that have drifted into oblivion.
          Yooper Jack
          Sayfu
          Sarge01
          RockyMtnElkHunter
          Moishe
          Hoski
          Anybody remember "blackdawgz"?
          GERG was around more back then. Work kinda put a crimp in his style, but he still pops up now and again.
          It's just about inevitable that those who just dropped out of sight are deceased.
          Hoski said "Goodbye." and left.
          ...and there has also been some "one post wonders" that just came and went!

          That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
          I happen to be a Jr. as well. Still get called J-R or even J by family.

          Comment


          • #20
            Thanks for the shout out, I think I may have to set up a new account as Pray-work-hunt. Or just refocus my priorities. Tomorrow's another day scarlet....

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
              When I originally came to the F&S site, probably late '05, signing in wasn't required.
              Everybody posted and just signed their posts.
              No "stars", no "points", no "avatar".
              At that point, I was just plain old "Bubba".
              I took a hiatus in late '07 that lasted several months. When I came back, someone else was posting as "Bubba". That was about the time we had to start "logging in".
              I used "FirstBubba" to indicate I was the first to use Bubba.
              The other "Bubba" didn't stay long or changed his name. I'm too lazy to go back and change mine back again.
              I don't know that "FirstBubba" has any special connotations to me.
              I'm a "Jr.". Growing up, my dad used the given name and I got a subsidiary of "Bubba" to differentiate between the two of us.

              Sure been a lot of names that have drifted into oblivion.
              Yooper Jack
              Sayfu
              Sarge01
              RockyMtnElkHunter
              Moishe
              Hoski
              Anybody remember "blackdawgz"?
              GERG was around more back then. Work kinda put a crimp in his style, but he still pops up now and again.
              It's just about inevitable that those who just dropped out of sight are deceased.
              Hoski said "Goodbye." and left.
              ...and there has also been some "one post wonders" that just came and went!

              That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
              I'm 67 years old, dad passed in 1981.
              If you want to get my attention, don't call me by my given name! LOL!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                My username was on my birth certificate.
                My profile photo with my trail cam photo of a black bear standing, waving and with his tongue out, is me to a T. :-))

                BTW, I am Still hunting Bears from my tree stand. It rained Mon, Wed, and Thur. They are calling for rain on Sat.
                What a wet week. Now I know how Treestand feels in wet Florida.
                Then ? hermaphrodite it is.
                Shall we just call you "Hermy"?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
                  I worked in the steel industrial for several years. Being called a milldawg by your brethren is the highest of complements that can bestowed upon you. I got paired as a shift mechanic with a crusty old hand that had legendary status in the mill. The day he called me milldawg meant the world to me. It's a title not bestowed on just anyone and it's not given out easily. Getting to be a shift mechanic is no small feat in itself. So achieving milldawg is even harder.
                  'dawg, you've been missing for awhile.
                  Good to see you posting again, hope all is well.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                    When I originally came to the F&S site, probably late '05, signing in wasn't required.
                    Everybody posted and just signed their posts.
                    No "stars", no "points", no "avatar".
                    At that point, I was just plain old "Bubba".
                    I took a hiatus in late '07 that lasted several months. When I came back, someone else was posting as "Bubba". That was about the time we had to start "logging in".
                    I used "FirstBubba" to indicate I was the first to use Bubba.
                    The other "Bubba" didn't stay long or changed his name. I'm too lazy to go back and change mine back again.
                    I don't know that "FirstBubba" has any special connotations to me.
                    I'm a "Jr.". Growing up, my dad used the given name and I got a subsidiary of "Bubba" to differentiate between the two of us.

                    Sure been a lot of names that have drifted into oblivion.
                    Yooper Jack
                    Sayfu
                    Sarge01
                    RockyMtnElkHunter
                    Moishe
                    Hoski
                    Anybody remember "blackdawgz"?
                    GERG was around more back then. Work kinda put a crimp in his style, but he still pops up now and again.
                    It's just about inevitable that those who just dropped out of sight are deceased.
                    Hoski said "Goodbye." and left.
                    ...and there has also been some "one post wonders" that just came and went!

                    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
                    Remember blackdawdz? My first 3 dogs were adopted lab mix mutts. Great family dogs. Since encountering that guy all my dogs have been hounds or terriers. It might have been a subconscious response

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Mine is probably too obvious to even take the time to bore you with ! I have been a life long bowhunter and when I signed on originally with OL I was 75 and my first name is Richard. Some now refer to my first name only, I like that, it sounds a little more friendly and personal, not so cold and distant ! My bowhunting is by use of traditional equipment and I apologize to users if I have mentioned a time or two my dislike where “archery” has fallen in recent years with technology, I am too old school for many of you guys, but I thank you for putting up with me and my druthers !

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        How about:
                        Robert Fox
                        Ableskeever
                        Trapper Vic
                        Chuckles
                        Neuman 23
                        Dbetzner
                        Ncarl
                        Steve182
                        MarionJohnson
                        Iklwa
                        Cody141
                        Lostlure
                        Ishrwooa
                        Clinchnot
                        Holkey86
                        hobob
                        JRE716
                        Bigmac 0378
                        SCbuilder66
                        tootall75
                        Bobhanson
                        Bezner
                        DSMbirddog
                        KChounds

                        amoung others.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          My screenname is does have a lot of personal meaning to me, but it's also multiple plays on words.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            No mystery why I chose my sobriquet.
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
                              No mystery why I chose my sobriquet.
                              None at all I think. I almost used you as one of the examples in the original post.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
                                My screenname is does have a lot of personal meaning to me, but it's also multiple plays on words.
                                Circling back months later and just glanced at this.
                                Buck Shot 00 is how I always read it.

                                Bucks hot too has a lot of possible meetings that I imagine are deeply personal.

                                Comment

                                Welcome!

                                Collapse

                                Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                                If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                                And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

                                Right Rail 1 Ad

                                Collapse

                                Top Active Users

                                Collapse

                                There are no top active users.

                                Right Rail 2 Ad

                                Collapse

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Right Rail 3 Ad

                                Collapse

                                Footer Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X