Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screen names. Stupid Question of the day. Does yours have meaning to you?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Screen names. Stupid Question of the day. Does yours have meaning to you?

    A lot of them are pretty straightforward. Mine is obviously first initial last name. Pray-hunt-work seems like an obvious reflection on lifestyle or priorities.
    6phunter spurred the thought. Is it a statement that he likes to hunt so-so deer and is happy, or that he's not quite matured as a hunter himself at the time he chose. Curiosity abounds.

  • #2
    JM was my nickname among my hunting/fishing friends back when I made this account.

    Comment


    • #3
      When I die and go to heaven, I expect to take a country road to get there.

      Comment


      • #4
        Treestand, T is my first Initial, S is my last initial. when i moved to Fl, most every buddy hunts out of a Tree Stand and in some of the hunt camps, i was called treestand, so in 09 i went on OL & F&S as Treestand!

        Comment


        • #5
          Mine is somewhat obvious, but has a little more to it. As a kid I always wanted a Rem 700 in .270. Turns out my grandfather, a very avid outdoorsman, was a .270 guy himself. Unfortunately he passed when I was 13, never had the chance to hunt with him or even get to talk much about it. Screen name is a tribute of sorts.

          Comment


          • #6
            Lol! The old 6 p means proper planning prevents piss poor performance, so I took it upon my self too run the thought a little deeper than that. It amounts to 6 rules to be a successful hunter,or what ever you set your mind on. Persistence. Patience,Practice,Preparedness,Positive Attitude,Playful,(stay loose,don,t be afraid to try something different).Each P can be expanded and broke down into different levels.I'm from a long line of shooters and studied techniques and training on how to make one single shot.
            Remind me later that's an entire different shooting philosophy.

            Comment


            • #7
              I chose mine on account of we raise Red Angus cattle.

              Comment


              • #8
                I worked in the steel industrial for several years. Being called a milldawg by your brethren is the highest of complements that can bestowed upon you. I got paired as a shift mechanic with a crusty old hand that had legendary status in the mill. The day he called me milldawg meant the world to me. It's a title not bestowed on just anyone and it's not given out easily. Getting to be a shift mechanic is no small feat in itself. So achieving milldawg is even harder.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Mine is rather obvious. Now who can guess what Gary Devine means?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I prefer to keep it a secret.
                    - Yours Truly, Matt

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
                      Lol! The old 6 p means proper planning prevents piss poor performance, so I took it upon my self too run the thought a little deeper than that. It amounts to 6 rules to be a successful hunter,or what ever you set your mind on. Persistence. Patience,Practice,Preparedness,Positive Attitude,Playful,(stay loose,don,t be afraid to try something different).Each P can be expanded and broke down into different levels.I'm from a long line of shooters and studied techniques and training on how to make one single shot.
                      Remind me later that's an entire different shooting philosophy.
                      I'd've never ever guessed that.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
                        I worked in the steel industrial for several years. Being called a milldawg by your brethren is the highest of complements that can bestowed upon you. I got paired as a shift mechanic with a crusty old hand that had legendary status in the mill. The day he called me milldawg meant the world to me. It's a title not bestowed on just anyone and it's not given out easily. Getting to be a shift mechanic is no small feat in itself. So achieving milldawg is even harder.
                        Good stuff.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
                          Lol! The old 6 p means proper planning prevents piss poor performance, so I took it upon my self too run the thought a little deeper than that. It amounts to 6 rules to be a successful hunter,or what ever you set your mind on. Persistence. Patience,Practice,Preparedness,Positive Attitude,Playful,(stay loose,don,t be afraid to try something different).Each P can be expanded and broke down into different levels.I'm from a long line of shooters and studied techniques and training on how to make one single shot.
                          Remind me later that's an entire different shooting philosophy.
                          Lol,ph sometimes it,s true we can over think things. I,d Like to make one thing clear,I'm not a world class shooter,,or ever professed to be one.I was raised around such shooters and recognized that in order to compete they look for any advantage that was offered. No,alcohol days ahead of competition,rest,no sex,lol true,learning to concentrate with noise and movement around you,shut out.Timing your shots beteewn breaths and heart beat, theses are just some rules and the regiment takes up an entire Manuel on how to make a perfect shot,it also teaches that the most important shot is the next shot , because the last shot is already down range and can,t be changed,so forget it and focus on the most important shot. Ph,I,m sure you know a lot about these things sometimes I post a lot to help educate those that don,t.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            My username was on my birth certificate.
                            My profile photo with my trail cam photo of a black bear standing, waving and with his tongue out, is me to a T. :-))

                            BTW, I am Still hunting Bears from my tree stand. It rained Mon, Wed, and Thur. They are calling for rain on Sat.
                            What a wet week. Now I know how Treestand feels in wet Florida.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                              My username was on my birth certificate.
                              My profile photo with my trail cam photo of a black bear standing, waving and with his tongue out, is me to a T. :-))

                              BTW, I am Still hunting Bears from my tree stand. It rained Mon, Wed, and Thur. They are calling for rain on Sat.
                              What a wet week. Now I know how Treestand feels in wet Florida.
                              Hang tuff bear czar, I'm still pulling for you and your brother to get a good one and make the peta droids ?.

                              Comment

                              Welcome!

                              Collapse

                              Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                              If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                              And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

                              Right Rail 1 Ad

                              Collapse

                              Top Active Users

                              Collapse

                              There are no top active users.

                              Right Rail 2 Ad

                              Collapse

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Right Rail 3 Ad

                              Collapse

                              Footer Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X