Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This has nothing to do with Outdoor Life. Do any of you guys go to your class reunions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure if your question is applicable in my case as I was the only one in my class.
    Is it possible to reunite with myself?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Angus View Post
      I'm not sure if your question is applicable in my case as I was the only one in my class.
      The reason behind my being the only person in my class is my mom homeschooled all us yunkers.
      I gues a family reunion might count if all my siblings were present, but those who aren't still in school are currently scattered from the Little Apple to Bryan Texas so it's a might difficult to get everyone to the same place at the same time.

Comment

You're correct Red, home schooling is getting more popular so therefore, there is no high school reunions for those folks.

Comment

My 25 year is coming up. And I graduated HS with my wife. She's the only person I went to HS with whose address I know. I can't see bothering to go to one. Same reason, if I didn't like them then or care to keep up with them, I don't feel like dealing with making conversation all night.

I had friends in HS (and had moved away from my early childhood friends), but everyone scattered afterwards. Did the getting together on the holidays things for a couple of years but quickly realized that if I was catching up with people every 6 months, it's because they were no longer really a part of my life.
          Interestingly of the crowd we hung out with in college just a couple of years later, our roommates all met through me and the wife, 3 of the 4 couples got married and are still married in their 40s and 2 of my former roommates I count among my best and closest friends. Funny the difference a year and having a choice of who you're around makes.

Comment

Haven't had a chance to go to one yet, haha. As soon as one pops up I will definetely go. I think our generation is a bit different with social media...I can pretty much check on any person I have ever gone to school with, and still talk to 100s on a regular basis.

Comment

Yeah, but IMO that's a small price to pay for the better quality of education compared to public school.

Comment

I went to my tenth and they gave awards for things. My old GF and prom date got the award for most kids - 7. I always thought she was real fertile. She had a neat car, the original Corvette with the 6 cyl. motor.
                I went to 50th and was upset to see close friends on the deceased board I was looking forward to seenig. I go to NY to hunt and still hunt with a guy we started kindergarten together.
                Unbelievable story: my Mother, an R.N., was down to just two in her late 80's that survived their 35+ nursing class. Without either knowing, the one in NY moved 500 miles and settled about 5 miles from where my Mother lived. They got together very often as long as they could. What are the chances of that happening ?

Comment

Same here, I guess my class reunions will be a little lonely.

Comment

The legality of reuniting with yourself may vary from state to state.

Comment

Originally posted by Pup49 View Post
                      The last class reunion I attended was not very enjoyable. It was a small event that was just a gathering with no sit down meal or entertainment. About 15% of my classmates showed up. My wife and I try to keep ourselves somewhat fit so it was a surprise to see many people using canes,walkers, and even wheel chairs. All the walkers and wheelchairs were women. The one guy who had a cane was using it due to some surgery. I was speaking to a rather large lady for twenty minutes(no name tags!), before she realized that I didn't recognize her and she told me her name. To my surprise, she was the prom queen! We are attending my wife's reunion in the fall. It will be a better event at a country club. It will be interesting to see" what condition their condition is in".
                      Gary,
                      We are both Archbishop Ryan Grads in Philly. Where did your wife go?

But I think 2/3rds of the people go to show off or out of morbid curiousity. I'm fond of neither, and don't fall in the other 1/3rd who values the social experience. So I'm out? Maybe my 50th.

Comment

Sure don't. I think I the Sr. class president was supposed to host or something and took money from everyone to fund the next reunion, and somehow the money got "lost".

Plus, I really don't have any interest in going backwards.

Comment

Seems ours have been about the same price but it's usually been a three day affair: first night is sign up get together with music/dancing followed next day by golfing or some other activity (mountain hike, softball game, river float trip, etc.) and banquet dinner that night. Then last day is a farewell picnic early about noon.

I strongly suggest event organizers drop the open bar to keep prices down on these. Many folks don't drink or don't drink much and really don't care to be paying for someone else's booze. And there's always a few who will make an arse out of themselves and cause problems if the drinking is "free." Enough do it if they have to pay more but it's at least some deterrent.

Comment

Originally posted by Pup49 View Post
                            The last class reunion I attended was not very enjoyable. It was a small event that was just a gathering with no sit down meal or entertainment. About 15% of my classmates showed up. My wife and I try to keep ourselves somewhat fit so it was a surprise to see many people using canes,walkers, and even wheel chairs. All the walkers and wheelchairs were women. The one guy who had a cane was using it due to some surgery. I was speaking to a rather large lady for twenty minutes(no name tags!), before she realized that I didn't recognize her and she told me her name. To my surprise, she was the prom queen! We are attending my wife's reunion in the fall. It will be a better event at a country club. It will be interesting to see" what condition their condition is in".
                            JC, she went to Maria Goretti High School in South Philly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
                              Seems ours have been about the same price but it's usually been a three day affair: first night is sign up get together with music/dancing followed next day by golfing or some other activity (mountain hike, softball game, river float trip, etc.) and banquet dinner that night. Then last day is a farewell picnic early about noon.

I strongly suggest event organizers drop the open bar to keep prices down on these. Many folks don't drink or don't drink much and really don't care to be paying for someone else's booze. And there's always a few who will make an arse out of themselves and cause problems if the drinking is "free." Enough do it if they have to pay more but it's at least some deterrent.
                              Honk, it sounds more like a convention.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget