Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This has nothing to do with Outdoor Life. Do any of you guys go to your class reunions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This has nothing to do with Outdoor Life. Do any of you guys go to your class reunions?

I just went to one and the wife didn't like the cost of a single ticket was seventy dollars. I paid one hundred and forty bucks for two of us.
    Was is worth it?

1. Open bar including good stuff
    2. Catered dinner with dessert table.
    3. A D-Jay playing records from the past back when I was in High School.
    4. Six large baskets were giving to the six lucky winning tickets.
    5. Each table had a winner for the flower display in the center.
    6. Each person went home with a bottle of wine.
    7. An anonymous person paid for the entire reunion, so everybody got their money back in cash.

No I don't I didn't really care for most of them when I was forced to be in the same building with. So why in the world would I want to spend time with them now.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
      No I don't I didn't really care for most of them when I was forced to be in the same building with. So why in the world would I want to spend time with them now.
      My exact response!! Exactly why I'm not on facebook or any of that other crap! Well said, Milldawg.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
        Yep, I've gone to all of my High School class reunions and enjoyed seeing old friends. Don't be cheap, $70 per person is less than most shows in Vegas.
        Pig Hunter, I agree brother. I liked all my classmates. It was great to talk to everybody. One female classmate Donna came in from Arizona. I missed my tenth reunion because I went bear hunting in Maine instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
          Nearly all my high school friends were a year ahead or a hear behind me. I did go to one reunion a few years ago but there was nobody there but a bunch of old farts that I didn't know.

Comment

The last class reunion I attended was not very enjoyable. It was a small event that was just a gathering with no sit down meal or entertainment. About 15% of my classmates showed up. My wife and I try to keep ourselves somewhat fit so it was a surprise to see many people using canes,walkers, and even wheel chairs. All the walkers and wheelchairs were women. The one guy who had a cane was using it due to some surgery. I was speaking to a rather large lady for twenty minutes(no name tags!), before she realized that I didn't recognize her and she told me her name. To my surprise, she was the prom queen! We are attending my wife's reunion in the fall. It will be a better event at a country club. It will be interesting to see" what condition their condition is in".

Comment

Actually, in my case anyway, that question does pertain to Outdoor Life, or at least to hunting and fishing. I don't go to my reunions and have very little in common anymore with old high school friends. In recent years, however, I've gotten to know and like a couple guys I was not friends with in high school (one of them I absolutely hated, and the feeling was mutual) -- because they're both co-workers and hunting partners of one of my cousins who hunts on our family land. Kind of funny how that worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pup49 View Post
                The last class reunion I attended was not very enjoyable. It was a small event that was just a gathering with no sit down meal or entertainment. About 15% of my classmates showed up. My wife and I try to keep ourselves somewhat fit so it was a surprise to see many people using canes,walkers, and even wheel chairs. All the walkers and wheelchairs were women. The one guy who had a cane was using it due to some surgery. I was speaking to a rather large lady for twenty minutes(no name tags!), before she realized that I didn't recognize her and she told me her name. To my surprise, she was the prom queen! We are attending my wife's reunion in the fall. It will be a better event at a country club. It will be interesting to see" what condition their condition is in".
                I can relate. I'm only in my mid-forties but I'm always astonished at how old some of my classmates look when I see them around town. A couple of them really and truly look sixty. It's probably not a coincidence that they were our class's hardcore stoners back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Pup49 View Post
                  P49, My wife went to a women Catholic School in Philadelphia so all the classmates would be ladies with their spouses.
                  We had my reunion in a real nice fancy ballroom. I didn't see many walkers, canes or wheelchairs but one classmate John had a stroke and needed somebody to hold his arm as he walked. John is a big dude and a retired police detective. It's a damn shame. A real nice guy and he married my neighbor Debbie across the street from my parents house.
                  One hot classmate Donna, I hugged and almost throw up from the cigarette smoke. She reeked with cigarettes.
                  Bears would smell her twenty miles away. :-)

Comment

One and done. Bunch of old people talking about their grandkids. I might as well been at the McDonald's inside of Walmart. Wife didn't care for women talking about the sex we had had especially since I was married the first time in the majority of the stories or guys reminiscing about activities of questionable legality we partook in where I was the leader. She admitted she would have had second thoughts about saying I do had she fully knew my past. Would have avoided me like the plague in high school.

Comment

My friend Scott growing up told me he voted for Crooked Hillary. I couldn't believe it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                        Actually, in my case anyway, that question does pertain to Outdoor Life, or at least to hunting and fishing. I don't go to my reunions and have very little in common anymore with old high school friends. In recent years, however, I've gotten to know and like a couple guys I was not friends with in high school (one of them I absolutely hated, and the feeling was mutual) -- because they're both co-workers and hunting partners of one of my cousins who hunts on our family land. Kind of funny how that worked out.
                        Matt, I can't believe most of the OL users are throwing class reunions under the bus..
                        Pig Hunter and I are the only regulars when reunions pop up. Amazing

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                          Well, like Milldawg said, if you weren't overly fond of them back then, what's it going to be like hanging out with them now? Though I guess the two guys I mention in my answer are exceptions -- but I honestly don't think that would have happened if it hadn't pertained to the common interest in hunting. Anyway, not all kids remember their HS days fondly when they get older. And honestly, all I really care about nowadays, recreationally anyway, is the outdoors, and most of the people I was really close to in high school are not outdoorspeople at all. Plus, I am not a father, which puts me outside the loop with most of my old classmates -- and I understand that. Most parents talk about their kids, other parents join in with stories of their own kids, and so on. If you're not a parent with kid-stories of your own ... and you have zero interest in talking politics, what phone you're about to upgrade to, what beach you went on vacation to last year, etc. ... then I guess you don't have much to say at the reunion. (Boy, for a generally cheery guy, I can be a cynical SOB sometimes!)

Comment

Yes Last year there were 5, This year I was the only one left standing, 2 in the Hospice care services:-((

Comment

Yes Last year there were 5, This year I was the only one left standing, 2 in the Hospice care services:-((

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget