Crime reinactments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crime reinactments

I was watching one of those true crime shows and noticed the bad guy's sniper rifle had the scope mounts/rings reversed. If that rifle was fired, the bullet would have gone maybe 20 yards and hit the ground. This was not the first time I saw gun mistakes on TV "true" shows. Any one notice other examples?

Welcome back PUP49 on OL & F&S..
    On some early black & white movies all the actors had semi-autos pistols but the police caption was calling them revolvers??? LMAO.

Comment

Watch any older western. See how many shots those old colts get off without reloading. Glock has nothing on a Hollywood peacemaker. No wonder the Indians lost. Might help to have a calculator.

Comment

In the movie "Bad Girls", one of the stars (Minnie Driver I think?) was shooting a '93 Winchester. I went back and looked it up. It was Andie McDowell.
        She had the rifle on her left shoulder, her right hand was operating the lever and her left hand was on the fore end.
        Awkward!

Not long ago, I was watching "NCIS L.A.".
        LL Cool J, decked out in bullet proof vest, was engaging the bad guys with a full auto M4 according to the sound track...except Sam's trigger finger was working in semi auto mode! LOL!

Comment

I like when the black gang members on TV hold their handgun sideways. LOL
          I never shot my handgun sideways in my entire life.
          Here are a few great Hollywood movie firearm mistakes.

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/9-gun-mistakes-movies-make-drive-gun-owners-crazy-pics/

Comment

On an episode of "North Woods Law," the narrator was referring to rifles and they kept showing shots of a hunter using a 12-gauge. On "Life Below Zero," some of the gun stuff is kind of suspicious -- most recently, the woman Sue using her .44 to break open an ice-fishing hole, and then finding the spent bullet right there in front of her after the ice deflected it. Also the woman Agnes taking some pretty long shots at running caribou with open sights. Not impossible shots, but I always get to thinking that an experienced hunter like she is would probably not be taking those shots without a producer's encouragement. As for fiction TV shows, take your pick. My favorite, though, is when Rick Grimes on The Walking Dead is shooting his Colt Python, but the sound-effects crew still makes the tinkling sound of a shell hitting the ground after every shot fired. Dear Sound Techs: It's a revolver. Oh, and also Daryl pointing his crossbow at the enemy ... when the enemy's about two hundred yards away.

Comment

Aside from the aforementioned high capacity Peacemakers, the most glaring "mistake" I recall was on an episode of bounty Hunter I saw a few years ago in which the narrator referred to an AR-15 as a high powered assault rifle capable of dropping a bear in it's tracks with one shot oh my.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                Watch any older western. See how many shots those old colts get off without reloading. Glock has nothing on a Hollywood peacemaker. No wonder the Indians lost. Might help to have a calculator.
                Yeah, they had unlimited capacity for ammo. And there was never a recoil of a rifle or pistol in the movies, almost like shooting a bb-gun. And gun fights at 50 yards with rifles and they couldn't hit a damn thing, get real !

Comment

I don't trust any shots I see on tv, too much editing to make it look exciting.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget