Is this "REALLY" the answer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this "REALLY" the answer?

One commentator has opined that instead of being upset with Colin Kaepernick or Marshawn Lynch not respecting the "National Anthem", why not just not play the National Anthem before any sporting event?
    That way, the likes of Kaepernick and Lynch won't have a public platform for their disdain for America.

If they quit playing the Nat'l Anthem before sporting events, will you continue to attend or watch?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/garcia-time-put-national-anthem-sporting-events-article-1.2647068

Silencing your pride in this country, whether it's the flag that represents it or the anthem which praises it and what this country stands for, is never the right answer. We know this.
    Yes, I would still go. I would voice my displeasure whenever it was brought up, but I would still attend.

Comment

Nobody but his fellow zealots would ever take that commenter seriously. I do fear that someday our anthem will be re-written, but I don't see any pro sports venues agreeing to not play it. Actually, I take that back: If the right corporate sponsor offers them enough money to not play it, then out it will go. What the hell -- whether it's ticket prices, concession prices, cable and satellite TV blackouts, lockouts, or whatever, pro sports is already screwing the American family and the common middle-income fans. The anthem is the only thing they're not making money on.

Comment

Absolutely agree Dewman.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
          Nobody but his fellow zealots would ever take that commenter seriously. I do fear that someday our anthem will be re-written, but I don't see any pro sports venues agreeing to not play it. Actually, I take that back: If the right corporate sponsor offers them enough money to not play it, then out it will go. What the hell -- whether it's ticket prices, concession prices, cable and satellite TV blackouts, lockouts, or whatever, pro sports is already screwing the American family and the common middle-income fans. The anthem is the only thing they're not making money on.
          The Nat'l Anthem didn't become part of baseball until the 1918 World Series.
          When he found the actions of some fans unpatriotic, one owner stopped playing the Nat'l Anthem.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
            Silencing your pride in this country, whether it's the flag that represents it or the anthem which praises it and what this country stands for, is never the right answer. We know this.
            Yes, I would still go. I would voice my displeasure whenever it was brought up, but I would still attend.
            Dropping the Nat'l Anthem won't stop the "dissidents".
            They will simply find another venue to vent their displeasure.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
              I've noticed that many TV stations go to commercial while the anthem is being sung. Interestingly, I've noticed that evening NHL hockey games on regional stations are the only ones that consistently include the anthem in their telecasts.

Comment

This hole magilla was on Fox Sports News this morning, No more Palyer face Time when the National Anthem is being sung.

Comment

Bubba, that's an opinion of one goofball commentator. Every sport in this country has the National Anthem. I do not see players kneeling in baseball, basketball, hockey and soccer. Kaepernick is having trouble finding a team that wants his dirty laundry. It may cost him millions.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I have only a few words for these a$$wipes, if you don't like or want to honor this country, then get your damn no good ass out of it. You are nothing but a bunch of no good SOB's in the first place, contributing nothing in the second place and just sponging off all of the benifits in the third place. GET THE HELL OUT. We don't need you and sure as hell don't want you !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                      Bubba, that's an opinion of one goofball commentator. Every sport in this country has the National Anthem. I do not see players kneeling in baseball, basketball, hockey and soccer. Kaepernick is having trouble finding a team that wants his dirty laundry. It may cost him millions.
                      I wonder is an NFL owner could have Keapernick sign a contract for money and no more shenanigans on the football field???

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                        This hole magilla was on Fox Sports News this morning, No more Palyer face Time when the National Anthem is being sung.
                        The players on the sidelines would still be seen by the fans in the stadium. The players who are prone to demonstrating on the field should be kept off the field during the playing of the National Anthem. They can exercise their right to free speech in the locker room.

Comment

The demonstrators would not be satisfied with eliminating the playing of the National Anthem.
                          They would then want something more to keep the party going, like taking down the American flag, or flying it at half mast.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                            I have only a few words for these a$$wipes, if you don't like or want to honor this country, then get your damn no good ass out of it. You are nothing but a bunch of no good SOB's in the first place, contributing nothing in the second place and just sponging off all of the benifits in the third place. GET THE HELL OUT. We don't need you and sure as hell don't want you !!!!!!!
                            Do they not have the First Amendment right to speak their mind?
                            Not that I don't agree if you don't like the U.S. get out!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                              Gary, years ago, one team owner stopped playing the anthem because he didn't like the fans drinking beer, clowning around, going to the restroom, walking to the concession stand and laughing and talking while it was playing.
                              ...but you didn't answer the question:

"Will you still watch, attend games if they drop the National anthem?"

...and it only takes one bad apple, Gary.
                              Where one goes, others will follow.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget