Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Over 150 yrs. later after the Civil War and the Confederacy is still getting their butt kicked. Is this history or racist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
    I think this is a slap in the face of POTUS Trump! they cause Unrest in our country.
    Their are people in this country that will pick on almost anything to cause trouble, shoot Cops,Fireman, First Responder's. It's no longer The Blue & The Gray. It's The Blacks? & The Whites? jmo)"Leave Sleeping Dogs Lie"!!
    Rich, I posted LMAO, therefore I was only joking.
    In the future I will make it cleaner and write, "Rich I'm only joking".

Comment

Check this out.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
        STOP LOOKING AT THIS WITH EDUCATED EYES! We who had good education know the civil war was fought for numerous reasons, mainly states rights and government overreach. BUT. This generation has been taught only that it was a war for/against slavery. If that's all you were told and taught, wouldn't you feel every monument to men of the confederacy was a tribute to the idea of slavery? The young act from genuine ignorance of factual history. " Forgive them father, they know not what they do."
        Wow Dewman, you are red hot on the Top Answers.
        Three Outdoor Life threads in a row with the best comment.
        At this pace, you may even catch "self feeding himself the Top Answer Jimbo", over at F&S.
        LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
          I think this is a slap in the face of POTUS Trump! they cause Unrest in our country.
          Their are people in this country that will pick on almost anything to cause trouble, shoot Cops,Fireman, First Responder's. It's no longer The Blue & The Gray. It's The Blacks? & The Whites? jmo)"Leave Sleeping Dogs Lie"!!
          Our views of the Civil War are of no concern. It happened, it is over and it is now a part of our history and no amount of protesting is going to change those facts ! BWT being said, it is terribly wrong and misguided to think that appeasing some people by removing any indication of the war (statues or memorials) that that will not inflame others to the point of further protests is completely insane !

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
            Wait until someone tares down a statue of MLK.
            The riots are as a purpose for the looting, not so much as a response to the removal of a MLK statue would be !!

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
              STOP LOOKING AT THIS WITH EDUCATED EYES! We who had good education know the civil war was fought for numerous reasons, mainly states rights and government overreach. BUT. This generation has been taught only that it was a war for/against slavery. If that's all you were told and taught, wouldn't you feel every monument to men of the confederacy was a tribute to the idea of slavery? The young act from genuine ignorance of factual history. " Forgive them father, they know not what they do."
              Deman, a lot of people now believe that "States Rights" is a revisionist history viewpoint.

In many southern states the war is taught as "The war of Northern Aggression"

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget