Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Over 150 yrs. later after the Civil War and the Confederacy is still getting their butt kicked. Is this history or racist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over 150 yrs. later after the Civil War and the Confederacy is still getting their butt kicked. Is this history or racist?

Protesters in North Carolina are shown on this video below, tearing down a statue of a Confederate solder.
    It sad the police allow it happen.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/15/confederate-statue-toppled-in-north-carolina-during-anti-racism-rally
    Attached Files

I think this is a slap in the face of POTUS Trump! they cause Unrest in our country.
    Their are people in this country that will pick on almost anything to cause trouble, shoot Cops,Fireman, First Responder's. It's no longer The Blue & The Gray. It's The Blacks? & The Whites? jmo)"Leave Sleeping Dogs Lie"!!

Comment

Wait until someone tares down a statue of MLK.

Comment

STOP LOOKING AT THIS WITH EDUCATED EYES! We who had good education know the civil war was fought for numerous reasons, mainly states rights and government overreach. BUT. This generation has been taught only that it was a war for/against slavery. If that's all you were told and taught, wouldn't you feel every monument to men of the confederacy was a tribute to the idea of slavery? The young act from genuine ignorance of factual history. " Forgive them father, they know not what they do."

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
          I think this is a slap in the face of POTUS Trump! they cause Unrest in our country.
          Their are people in this country that will pick on almost anything to cause trouble, shoot Cops,Fireman, First Responder's. It's no longer The Blue & The Gray. It's The Blacks? & The Whites? jmo)"Leave Sleeping Dogs Lie"!!
          Big>G This is a sorry way to make a Statement or points:-((

I would think your time better spent cleaning up the Leader Bord on OL there are some people that have not added a comment in two years???
          Love Ya Man;-))

Comment

Tree, I have no problem with that statue standing up, that read in memory of the boys in gray.
            How many of those young boys in gray had slaves?
            I vote for history not racist.
            I hope I didn't confuse Brother Bowhunter Rich??? LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
              Gary, your question is not clear. Tearing down a statue does not mean the Confederacy "is still getting their butt (sic) kicked". That conflict ended in 1865. I really don't give a damn if people think it's racist to have fond memories of when citizens fought for freedom from the oppression of a Federal government.

Five of my great-great grandfathers fought for the South. I've never learned their motives but obviously it was important enough to risk their lives for the cause. Here's a picture of one of them...
              Pig, I agree Brother. I wonder is the mountain statue of Crazy Horse will be blown up with dynamite, because Indians scalped white solders, killed pioneers and raped women??
              Is that next to come by the protesters??

Comment

BTW, the Outdoor Life Points Leader Board is clean and pure. There is no spammers or scammers here. Thanks for the Love. LMAO
                Remember this Tree, $$$, $$$, $$$, $$$, $$$, $$$ equals 600 plus points. :-))

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                  Wait until someone tares down a statue of MLK.
                  There would be riots and looting in every city.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                    STOP LOOKING AT THIS WITH EDUCATED EYES! We who had good education know the civil war was fought for numerous reasons, mainly states rights and government overreach. BUT. This generation has been taught only that it was a war for/against slavery. If that's all you were told and taught, wouldn't you feel every monument to men of the confederacy was a tribute to the idea of slavery? The young act from genuine ignorance of factual history. " Forgive them father, they know not what they do."
                    Good point and well said. The protesters are removing the confederate flags and confederate statues. These people want everything that is in honor of the confederacy removed or destroyed.
                    I think it's sad.

Comment

When I was a young little kid my parents bought me a neat Civil War plastic soldier toy set.
                      There were 100 blue and 100 gray soldiers. The Generals were sitting on their horses.
                      The soldiers were in different positions.
                      There were cannons and flags on both sides. I used a pin pong table down in the basement to set up the war scene.
                      My father gave me tiny houses and trees from our Christmas display.
                      Neighborhood friends came over and we played out the war. We made bullet shot sounds with our mouths.
                      I still remember that toy set over fifty five years later.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
                        Gary, your question is not clear. Tearing down a statue does not mean the Confederacy "is still getting their butt (sic) kicked". That conflict ended in 1865. I really don't give a damn if people think it's racist to have fond memories of when citizens fought for freedom from the oppression of a Federal government.

Five of my great-great grandfathers fought for the South. I've never learned their motives but obviously it was important enough to risk their lives for the cause. Here's a picture of one of them...
                        A common myth perpetuated by extreme-left bleeding hearts is that the Native Americans never waged war until the coming of the white man. And that they never scalped until white traders showed them how and encouraged it. What's amusing about stories like that is how, even as the bleeders think they're championing the the natives, they're actually being as demeaning as any outright racist ever was. Why should an intelligent people start an entire custom just because some strangers told them to? And how much respect is it showing cultures that once prided themselves on their prowess as warriors, when you suggest that they never waged war (and then, of course, there's the question: If they'd never known war before the white armies took it to them, then how the hell were they so f***ing GOOD at it?!!!). Crazy times we live in. I do think that for the latter half of the twentieth century, history was a bit one-sided in viewpoint -- but the outright shameless revisionist nonsense we're seeing now is just absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                          When I was a young little kid my parents bought me a neat Civil War plastic soldier toy set.
                          There were 100 blue and 100 gray soldiers. The Generals were sitting on their horses.
                          The soldiers were in different positions.
                          There were cannons and flags on both sides. I used a pin pong table down in the basement to set up the war scene.
                          My father gave me tiny houses and trees from our Christmas display.
                          Neighborhood friends came over and we played out the war. We made bullet shot sounds with our mouths.
                          I still remember that toy set over fifty five years later.
                          The war in no way was worth over 600,000 dead. One of the worst things that happened in American History.

Comment

I would rather you wait and see what my reply is Gary before you assume that I have been confused or not !

Comment

Regardless of one's views of the Civil War, a bronze statue is a work of art commemorating part of our history, and its destruction is a barbaric act.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget