Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people have dogs that drool or slobber all over??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people have dogs that drool or slobber all over??

Boxers, bulldogs, bloodhounds, Saint Bernards or the Newfoundlands to name a few.
    I wonder, with the advance technology today, could that do an operation to fix that??
    Attached Files

Dogs have 4 pairs of salivatory glands. Droopy lipped dogs have more issues drooling, naturally. If you constantly give dogs treats, the anticipation of those treats will cause him to drool because he never knows if a treat is forthcoming. Feeding to a normal schedule will help as will knocking off giving treats/snacks constantly for no reason. There are diseases that can cause this also so if the excessive drooling is new, out of the ordinary, see the vet.

Comment

My Rotty gets treats randomly.
      He does drool, but not excessively...unless he catches me making him a peanut butter Kong.
      Then the waterworks start! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
        My Rotty gets treats randomly.
        He does drool, but not excessively...unless he catches me making him a peanut butter Kong.
        Then the waterworks start! LOL!
        Bubba, I found a list of ten dog species online that slobber. I don't think your rotty made the list. He may be a light drooling species on occasion. :-))

Comment

Sorry Big>G I have NO Dogs only two Gold Fish, it's hard to see if they drool.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
            Can't help you there Gary. I have no pets and want to keep it that way. There's no reasoning with people who do keep inside pets. It's like trying to talk sense into someone with a substance abuse problem.

Now I don't see anything wrong with having an outside dog used for guarding the property, herding livestock, and hunting. Nor do I have a problem with keeping a barn cat or two outside for rodent control. But don't expect a good reaction from me when someone wants to make a fuss over a worthless inside pet.
            Pig, cats throw up a hair ball throw-up once in a while. One night getting a drink of cold bottle spring water I stepped in it. Now, I walk around the house at night with a small flashlight, so I can watch out for cat's discharge in the mine field. :-))

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
              Dogs have 4 pairs of salivatory glands. Droopy lipped dogs have more issues drooling, naturally. If you constantly give dogs treats, the anticipation of those treats will cause him to drool because he never knows if a treat is forthcoming. Feeding to a normal schedule will help as will knocking off giving treats/snacks constantly for no reason. There are diseases that can cause this also so if the excessive drooling is new, out of the ordinary, see the vet.
              Dew, Good Top Answer comment so far. It's still early to tell. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                Tree, I figure you as a Burmese Python type of guy, like everybody else down there in Florida. LOL

Comment

Seems like the more affectionate a dog is, the more it slobbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                    NO! Not me brother, Their down in Dade & Broward Counties That's Miami & Ft, Lauderdale. I'm 320 miles North of them.

Comment

Originally posted by country road View Post
                      I guess if you have a slobber dog you need a roll of paper towels in your house, in your vehicle and outside??

Comment

Can't help you there Gary. I have no pets and want to keep it that way. There's no reasoning with people who do keep inside pets. It's like trying to talk sense into someone with a substance abuse problem.

Now I don't see anything wrong with having an outside dog used for guarding the property, herding livestock, and hunting. Nor do I have a problem with keeping a barn cat or two outside for rodent control. But don't expect a good reaction from me when someone wants to make a fuss over a worthless inside pet.
                        Sorry to say Cats Do Nothing but Eat & Sleep 23.5 Hr a Day, They are Unproductive Critters, They make Women Feel Loved;-((

Comment

Originally posted by country road View Post
                          The owners carry a bath towel.

Comment

Some people drool when they pull into a Mickey D's.

Comment

A few years back, my brother and sister-in-law asked me to house-sit during their vacation. To put it mildly, their cat was not happy about it. I slept in the guest room and every morning when he heard me getting up, he'd run down the hallway and puke right in front of the door. Six straight mornings of cleaning up cat-vomit and hairballs. One night I did some laundry and when I set the basket of clean clothes down, the cat jumped into it and relieved himself. I've known quite a few cats I liked, but that one was one vindictive SOB.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget