Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do I Keep My Deer & Land A Secret From Road Hunters?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How Do I Keep My Deer & Land A Secret From Road Hunters?

    I have about 128 Acres that Runs along side I-10 W in Fl, It's part of the back side of my 3.300 Acre Lease of heavy Planted Pine With a State issue Fire Road. We found Deer with No heads left to Rot. We are a QDM Club.

  • #2
    A few landscapers lease a property that had a field always loaded with deer. The field was near the road so local hunters would even spot light the field at night to check out the antlers on the bucks. The land owner did not like the spotlight flashing into his house. The landscapers solve the spot lighting problem with a row of six foot tall soft woods along the road.
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #3
      Short answer?
      You don't!
      Once the cheap skate, low life's locate rich grounds, it's just like an alcoholic with a $2 bottle of wine.
      They just keep coming back.
      Knew one of those guys.
      He couldn't have cared less about "Posted" or "No Trespassing" signs.
      He once killed a buck that grossed 176 B&C. A split G2 tine cost the head 8 points for a final score of 168 and two points shy of inclusion in the B&C book.
      He poached the deer!
      He bragged to me once about killing a bruiser of a buck that scored well over 250 but he wasn't able to recover it. Seems when he and his buddy came back to cut through the high fence to claim their prize, security scared them off, found the deer and recovered it.
      I have no use for "road" hunters.
      They are slobs of the lowest, foulest order.

      Comment


      • #4
        Put up a sign:
        Attached Files

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
          A few landscapers lease a property that had a field always loaded with deer. The field was near the road so local hunters would even spot light the field at night to check out the antlers on the bucks. The land owner did not like the spotlight flashing into his house. The landscapers solve the spot lighting problem with a row of six foot tall soft woods along the road.
          We have a Wall Of planted Pines, But the "Fire Road" between the pines & the 6'/Fence line is the killing zone.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
            Short answer?
            You don't!
            Once the cheap skate, low life's locate rich grounds, it's just like an alcoholic with a $2 bottle of wine.
            They just keep coming back.
            Knew one of those guys.
            He couldn't have cared less about "Posted" or "No Trespassing" signs.
            He once killed a buck that grossed 176 B&C. A split G2 tine cost the head 8 points for a final score of 168 and two points shy of inclusion in the B&C book.
            He poached the deer!
            He bragged to me once about killing a bruiser of a buck that scored well over 250 but he wasn't able to recover it. Seems when he and his buddy came back to cut through the high fence to claim their prize, security scared them off, found the deer and recovered it.
            I have no use for "road" hunters.
            They are slobs of the lowest, foulest order.
            Their would be NO signs of poaching, If they removed the hole deer! But cut off the Head and left body? What a wast of good meat. We are a QDM club.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
              Put up a sign:
              99, It would take lots of T-cams to cover 128 acres, I'm thinking of planting along the fence line something that grows 6'-8' high.

              Comment


              • #8
                I've heard for years that Egyptian wheat has been planted as an effective screening for food plots.
                It grows over ten feet tall, and might serve your purpose admirably.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Document and report the poaching to the Game Warden and local police.
                  Post several signs that say the area is 'under camera survealance, trespassers will be prosecuted'. Get some real and/or dummy camera bodies and see if you can get a license plate #. Last is have members take turns in a random stake out to see if they can get an I.D. - not to confront anyone.
                  My neighbor and I had problems until the Game Warden arrested about 6 trespassers - they each got BIG fines and lost hunting license. No more problems.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                    A few landscapers lease a property that had a field always loaded with deer. The field was near the road so local hunters would even spot light the field at night to check out the antlers on the bucks. The land owner did not like the spotlight flashing into his house. The landscapers solve the spot lighting problem with a row of six foot tall soft woods along the road.
                    1. Set up a trail camera and get the tag number on the vehicle. Then prosecute. Word will get out and nobody wants to be fined for trespassing.

                    2. Pad lock the fire road and give the local fire department the lock combination.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                      Document and report the poaching to the Game Warden and local police.
                      Post several signs that say the area is 'under camera survealance, trespassers will be prosecuted'. Get some real and/or dummy camera bodies and see if you can get a license plate #. Last is have members take turns in a random stake out to see if they can get an I.D. - not to confront anyone.
                      My neighbor and I had problems until the Game Warden arrested about 6 trespassers - they each got BIG fines and lost hunting license. No more problems.
                      The candy ass New Jersey Conservation Officers had me sign both my trespassing complaints during two different years. They told me home owners sign the trespass complaints today, this way the home owner doesn't get second thoughts or cold feet and not show up in court. The C.O. was in court both times I signed trespassing complaints. Guilty both times.
                      Nobody comes on my lease anymore. Word travels.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                        Document and report the poaching to the Game Warden and local police.
                        Post several signs that say the area is 'under camera survealance, trespassers will be prosecuted'. Get some real and/or dummy camera bodies and see if you can get a license plate #. Last is have members take turns in a random stake out to see if they can get an I.D. - not to confront anyone.
                        My neighbor and I had problems until the Game Warden arrested about 6 trespassers - they each got BIG fines and lost hunting license. No more problems.
                        The Biggest Problem is the deer can be seen on the Fire Road from the west bound lane of the Inter State. What i need is a blocking agent & 99Ex gave me the answer. "Egyptian Wheat"it grows up to 10'.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                          A few landscapers lease a property that had a field always loaded with deer. The field was near the road so local hunters would even spot light the field at night to check out the antlers on the bucks. The land owner did not like the spotlight flashing into his house. The landscapers solve the spot lighting problem with a row of six foot tall soft woods along the road.
                          Big>G Their is no opening to the fire Road from the Interstate only from main Club(camp) road and the FD & Sheriff dept have all the keys. me and (3) other club officers are on 24/7 call. The problem is people driving west bound on I-10 can "see through" the fence across the 25' fire road to the tree line. I need a blocking agent that deer wont feed on!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                            I've heard for years that Egyptian wheat has been planted as an effective screening for food plots.
                            It grows over ten feet tall, and might serve your purpose admirably.
                            99, You may just have the answer i'm looking for. Egyptian wheat! Will it grow in Florida weather? If so what's the cost & availability of Egyptian wheat seed.

                            99, Your like a Bulldog Drummond on the trail of a problem!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thanks 99, This mite keep the deer road kills down also! How did you come up with Egyptian wheat as a food plot, Camp suite, Road hunting Blocker? For an old guy, you sure know a lot.;-))

                              Comment

                              Welcome!

                              Collapse

                              Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                              If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                              And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

                              Right Rail 1 Ad

                              Collapse

                              Top Active Users

                              Collapse

                              There are no top active users.

                              Right Rail 2 Ad

                              Collapse

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Right Rail 3 Ad

                              Collapse

                              Footer Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X