Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the best way to deal with an apartment complex not allowing firearms(or any weapon) of any kind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is the best way to deal with an apartment complex not allowing firearms(or any weapon) of any kind?

How is the best way to deal with an apartment complex not allowing firearms(or any weapon) of any kind?

The best way is to move somewhere that does allow firearms. I wouldn't give my money to that kind of place, if I had any other options. However, I realize that might not be possible, so if you're stuck there I'd start looking for friends/family you trust. Buy a good gun safe so they don't have to worry about something (theft, fire, etc.) happening to your guns, and keep them at a friend's or family member's house or apartment.

Comment

Originally posted by huntfishtrap View Post
      The best way is to move somewhere that does allow firearms. I wouldn't give my money to that kind of place, if I had any other options. However, I realize that might not be possible, so if you're stuck there I'd start looking for friends/family you trust. Buy a good gun safe so they don't have to worry about something (theft, fire, etc.) happening to your guns, and keep them at a friend's or family member's house or apartment.
      Not really many options for a honest person is there.+1

Comment

It shouldn't even be legal to prohibit a resident from exercising a Constitutional right. I believe that in some states, laws have been enacted that do prevent a landlord from doing this. That doesn't help you any, of course, unless you want to move. Minnesota is one, I just read. But anyway, have you tried talking to the owner? Of course I don't know these people, but if you're able to convince them that you're a responsible, law-abiding gunowner, it might change their minds. If you have a gun safe, that might be even better; I think a lot of people who fear guns are a little more reasonable when they know that the firearms are under lock and key.

Comment

A bic lighter and a can of hairspray make a torch,there are countless items that can be considered a weapon.I'd carry any way ,2nd amendment shall not be infringrd upon.Out of sight out of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Okwaho View Post
            It shouldn't even be legal to prohibit a resident from exercising a Constitutional right. I believe that in some states, laws have been enacted that do prevent a landlord from doing this. That doesn't help you any, of course, unless you want to move. Minnesota is one, I just read. But anyway, have you tried talking to the owner? Of course I don't know these people, but if you're able to convince them that you're a responsible, law-abiding gunowner, it might change their minds. If you have a gun safe, that might be even better; I think a lot of people who fear guns are a little more reasonable when they know that the firearms are under lock and key.
            I can not understand what good it is to have a gun for personal protection if it is locked in a gun safe when you need it. If it is locked up, what good is it doing a person when the need arises ? You are just as well off without any protection if you can not get to a gun in a safe !

Comment

I certainly see that point, Richard; I was just suggesting a way that they might possibly come to a compromise with the landlord. At the moment, I think the concern is just being able to keep their hunting guns there in their own residence.
              -Tiough

Comment

I had not even noticed the part about "any weapon." Does this mean you can't even have a survival knife in your gear? What about a camping axe? If that's the case, I think these landlords might indeed be moving into some legally dicey areas.

Comment

Matt, I guess I was only thinking about a gun for personal protection. I did not even consider hunting guns (silly me) and keeping them in a safe place. That could be a big problem and one worthy of considerable thought, one I wish I had a good answer for.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                    I had not even noticed the part about "any weapon." Does this mean you can't even have a survival knife in your gear? What about a camping axe? If that's the case, I think these landlords might indeed be moving into some legally dicey areas.
                    Technically any thing that can be used to defend yourself with, can be called a weapon.
                    With that being said, it would be very difficult for a landlord to be specific enough in order that their rule of no weapons could ever be legal or binding in a court of law. They certainly would need to name many other things beside firearms, bows, knives, clubs, baseball bats, etc., etc, ect !!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Parallax adj
                      by CD2
                      Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
                      08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
                    • TriggerTech installed
                      by fitch270
                      First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
                      08-06-2022, 10:09 PM
                    • Aquila ammo test
                      by dewman
                      Tested Aquila Super Colibri (590fps), Super Extra hp (1280fps) & Interceptor (1470 fps ).
                      Super Colibri (590) maybe good up to 30' 3-1/2"-4"...
                      08-05-2022, 05:11 PM
                    • Show and Tell
                      by Amflyer
                      Show me a picture and tell me (us) about your favorite hunting or fishing something.
                      08-04-2022, 07:23 PM
                    • College Orientation News
                      by fitch270
                      Yesterday I finally got to check out the college the Kid will be attending in just three short weeks. I wasn’t really sure what to expect but left with...
                      07-30-2022, 12:37 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X