Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how often have you spent traveling the last couple of hours driving onl to hunt the last half hour of light ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how often have you spent traveling the last couple of hours driving onl to hunt the last half hour of light ?

how often have you spent traveling the last couple of hours driving onl to hunt the last half hour of light ?

Never. What's your point?

Comment

Originally posted by huntfishtrap View Post
      Never. What's your point?
      In this case, perseverance and patience are both needed by more than just young new hunters !!!

Comment

Never. All my hunting areas are within 15-20 minutes of home, and home is between work and all of them, so if I do want to head to the woods at quitting time, it's just a stop along the way to change and get whatever gear I need. Is your question specific to that last half-hour being the best time to see something, or more along the lines of just going hunting whenever you can, even if you don't have much time?

Comment

I know exactly what you are talking about 6hunter. The Fall and winter days are short up North. If you try to get a hunt in at the end of the working day the site had better be close. On weekends, most of us are living very busy lifes and it can be difficult to get away early in day. Regardless ,in our country, the best time to hunt duck, geese and big game is at sun up and sundown. So yes, I race out to hit that golden hour after handling the demands of your day. If my Grandkids need a ride, if the horses need some feed, if the dog has to see the Vet...the list goes on and on of the things that take priority for me and often result in that drive at day's end in hopes of firing my shotgun or my rifle. It is still lots of fun!

Comment

when you have high school during hunting season and you have a once in 20 year Arizona bull elk tag for one of the best units in the world burning a whole in your pocket every day of season. School would get out, I would hall butt up the mountain 2 hours to get to my hunting spot. hunt the last hour,hour and a half sleep in my truck and hunt the first hour of light then drive back to school did it for the 5 weekdays that where in the season. i ended up arrowing a massive 386 bull the last 15 min of light on the last day and missed school the next day dragging him out.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget