Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just logged onto the new and not-so-improved Field and Stream website. It apparently only allows us to view and comment on two of their select answers. All other past answers and comments are not accessible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd just like to take this opportunity to plug charlieelk.com as a place for the old gang to meet up as F&S is looking less and less like someplace where it's easy to keep up the level of conversation this group has previously engaged in if it falls off.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
      Look for the almost invisible "Menu" button to right of F&S logo at top of home page. That will take you to Answers, Blogs, etc. They should at least use a larger font for that button (and maybe make it look like a button?). Very unnoticeable but essential for navigating the site.
      Well jcarlin, that is a must feature for liking anyone, goes without saying. We need ways of removing some of the
      idiots from the gene pool and it may help to save some of our wildlife also. Now we just need to find a way to market
      the product, we need a good promotion man, maybe charlie elk, he already has a web site !

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
        I'd just like to take this opportunity to plug charlieelk.com as a place for the old gang to meet up as F&S is looking less and less like someplace where it's easy to keep up the level of conversation this group has previously engaged in if it falls off.
        I'll see you there, if it comes down to it. (God, we sound like the Rebel freedom-fighters in Star Wars, saying "See you at the rendezvous!" before scattering, as the evil Empire closes in.)

Comment

I hope not. I like it here.

Comment

Have to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by huntfishtrap View Post
              Just looked at it. Don't like it. I doubt there's any stopping OL from following along, though. Maybe I'm just resistant to change, but it seems like websites always have to go and tinker with things right when I get comfortable with the layout.
              Amen preach on.

Comment

It sucks at f&s now! It reminds of work program not what I what to think of when I log in!

Comment

I hope it doesn't come to that, but I second the motion.

Comment

I'm guessing Mr. Hanson will be happy with the lack of a comment feature.
                    It's hard for me to fathom how a well-respected publication like OL keeps someone like that on the payroll. I mean, NOBODY here likes what he writes, and we can't all be wrong, can we?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                      I myself feel comfortable the way things are on this site. As many of you have already
                      figured out, I am not internet minded but I have managed to adapt to this site on a
                      limited basis ! If it becomes necessary for me to have to figure out and adapt to some
                      other format or method of use, I will be gone. And if I am, I can assure all of you that
                      I will miss you guys. I don't always post to everything that is written or asked, but I
                      sure do enjoy the answers and comments of others. If I should be gone, I just want
                      to say at this time that if I have ever ruffled any feathers or pissed anyone off, I am
                      truly sorry. Hope things stay the same at this site in the future !!
                      Thanks for the vote of confidence, much appreciated. If this site does go down the tubes, you can still find me on charlieelk.com.

Comment

Look for the almost invisible "Menu" button to right of F&S logo at top of home page. That will take you to Answers, Blogs, etc. They should at least use a larger font for that button (and maybe make it look like a button?). Very unnoticeable but essential for navigating the site.
                        That would bring a whole new meaning to "Slim Jim", wouldn't it?

Comment

Well, we would need a promo name tag wouldn't we ? There would also be a need for "eat an idiot, save humanity" !

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                            I myself feel comfortable the way things are on this site. As many of you have already
                            figured out, I am not internet minded but I have managed to adapt to this site on a
                            limited basis ! If it becomes necessary for me to have to figure out and adapt to some
                            other format or method of use, I will be gone. And if I am, I can assure all of you that
                            I will miss you guys. I don't always post to everything that is written or asked, but I
                            sure do enjoy the answers and comments of others. If I should be gone, I just want
                            to say at this time that if I have ever ruffled any feathers or pissed anyone off, I am
                            truly sorry. Hope things stay the same at this site in the future !!
                            Hft, I will keep that in mind !!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Birthday
                              by Amflyer
                              Bought the boy a new Left handed Tikka today for his upcoming birthday. Stainless, composite (plastic) stock. 30-06, but I will load to near 30-30 levels...
                              Today, 01:37 PM
                            • Gun show today
                              by fitch270
                              Had another one of those close but not quite encounters today. One of the things I’m keeping an eye out for is a compact model rifle for my daughter...
                              08-14-2022, 09:45 PM
                            • Beater .44 mag
                              by CD2
                              My dad got this rig way back. And he shot the crap out of it. 255gr cast about all it ever ran and medium hot. All the time.

I inherited...
                              08-14-2022, 11:42 AM
                            • Eatin ‘chuck
                              by dewman
                              Took out a couple woodchucks this week. Things tunneled all over under a pals shop and equipment. Might still be a couple more. He asked can they be eaten....
                              08-13-2022, 07:19 PM
                            • Parallax adj
                              by CD2
                              Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
                              08-07-2022, 06:22 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X