Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just logged onto the new and not-so-improved Field and Stream website. It apparently only allows us to view and comment on two of their select answers. All other past answers and comments are not accessible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I myself feel comfortable the way things are on this site. As many of you have already
    figured out, I am not internet minded but I have managed to adapt to this site on a
    limited basis ! If it becomes necessary for me to have to figure out and adapt to some
    other format or method of use, I will be gone. And if I am, I can assure all of you that
    I will miss you guys. I don't always post to everything that is written or asked, but I
    sure do enjoy the answers and comments of others. If I should be gone, I just want
    to say at this time that if I have ever ruffled any feathers or pissed anyone off, I am
    truly sorry. Hope things stay the same at this site in the future !!

Comment

Originally posted by huntfishtrap View Post
      Just looked at it. Don't like it. I doubt there's any stopping OL from following along, though. Maybe I'm just resistant to change, but it seems like websites always have to go and tinker with things right when I get comfortable with the layout.
      Yes, and you know, the layout is damned important. These are fishing and hunting sites ... there's supposed to be a country, homey feel to them. My one glance through FS just felt like I was on any big-city newspaper's site. I even hate the font they use for the comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
        Look for the almost invisible "Menu" button to right of F&S logo at top of home page. That will take you to Answers, Blogs, etc. They should at least use a larger font for that button (and maybe make it look like a button?). Very unnoticeable but essential for navigating the site.
        It always seems like there's efforts to discourage the free exchange of ideas, stifle our discussions, etc. I'm not really that paranoid, but seriously, any administrator of FS surely realizes that the big draw for most regular users is the Answers section ... and I don't know if they really like that. Can't imagine why not, but whatever.

Comment

Look for the almost invisible "Menu" button to right of F&S logo at top of home page. That will take you to Answers, Blogs, etc. They should at least use a larger font for that button (and maybe make it look like a button?). Very unnoticeable but essential for navigating the site.
          Present company excepted, I meant to add. On here, Natalie's chiming in is always a welcome thing. I'm certainly pointing my finger more at the corporate dill-holes.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
            It's an eye sore visually. I'm not posting here just to gripe, but in the hopes that OL puts the brakes on the march to sterile conformity.
            Yeah, I've seen those too, though I didn't notice any in this specific instance. I guess I don't really have a problem with them, although I prefer the current OL-style comments. I do use FB, and I think it does get some unfair criticism at times. Sure, it has its issues, but most are caused by a minority of idiots, same as anything else. When used correctly, social media can be a valuable tool for keeping in touch, both personally and professionally. Now excuse me while I go collect my check from Zuckerberg. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
              I myself feel comfortable the way things are on this site. As many of you have already
              figured out, I am not internet minded but I have managed to adapt to this site on a
              limited basis ! If it becomes necessary for me to have to figure out and adapt to some
              other format or method of use, I will be gone. And if I am, I can assure all of you that
              I will miss you guys. I don't always post to everything that is written or asked, but I
              sure do enjoy the answers and comments of others. If I should be gone, I just want
              to say at this time that if I have ever ruffled any feathers or pissed anyone off, I am
              If it comes to that, I will be sorry to see you go, richard. We haven't always agreed, but who does, and I daresay we've been on the same page more often than not. Hope you can stick around. BTW, thought you might be interested, it looks like I might be getting into taxidermy at least part-time. A taxidermist friend who is planning on a career change has very generously offered to teach me how to do it before he quits. I've always been interested, so I jumped at the chance.

Comment

F&S wont let me log on now.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie elk View Post
                  After seeing the sample screen-shot FS posted last week I was not impressed but thought I'd wait and see. Still not impressed. I don't like high image sites in general because the images don't add much to effective communication or knowledge. On a magazine site, my preference is to read and converse rather than stare at stock images or watch videos.
                  So far a huge disappointment. But I'll remain patient and see how it all develops.
                  I like images that are germane to the content rather than gratuitous.

Comment

I'm guessing Mr. Hanson will be happy with the lack of a comment feature.
                    A few months ago McKean wrote an apology in the OL magazine for publishing a photo taken by a photographer who had violated some trout reg. But they're posting more articles by wanton deer waster Hansen and worse, some of the items are promoting his method of letting deer go to waste. Hypocritical or what?

Comment

It's an eye sore visually. I'm not posting here just to gripe, but in the hopes that OL puts the brakes on the march to sterile conformity.
                      The code used to build FB platforms contains the trackers. You will not see them, and they're not disclosed to the user. These things accurately track all visitors even those who do not have FB accounts. In my business, I'm offered detailed information gathered from FB; their sales force is very aggressive.
                      Also, insurance companies use the information collected to determine your rates. LexisNexis not only feeds off FB, but they also gather line by line information from any plastic card purchase. So, I just say; enough already!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                        That's good news hft, and I say that because I know you will completly fall for in love with it. There is nothing more
                        satisfying then seeing a piece of work come together and look alive again ! Also there is great pleasure to see the
                        joy in peoples faces when they pick up their mounts. It is demanding work but I have come to know something about
                        you from your posts and I think you will be up to it. If I am still around in future years, I will be in nterested in seeing
                        how you are progressing. As far as us not always agreeing on some subjects, that has never been a problem where
                        I have been concerned. Ohther's opinions are important in order to open our minds to other ways of thinking and thus
                        not becoming stagnet in our own thoughts. Hope to continue butting heads with you and others in a friendly way in the
                        future, however, that remains to see what this site turns into. Hope you stay well !

Comment

With the help that I have received in the past from Natalie because of problems I have encountered, I can truly say
                          that I have great admiration for her and she should not be included in any words of discord that we may have in
                          regards to this site !!!

Comment

I inadvertently clicked on the arrow weight/momentum article recently. I was amused that there were two comments and they were both directly critical of the article.

Comment

She's been aces in my book since she admitted to being willing to eat people.

Comment

The imp inside me just had to click on the article about fawns predicting the rut, just so I could ridicule it. Yeah, childish, but figured I might as well get some self-amusement out of the swill he puts out. Then again, I'm just another "keyboard cowboy," so what's my opinion matter?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Parallax adj
                                  by CD2
                                  Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
                                  08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
                                • TriggerTech installed
                                  by fitch270
                                  First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
                                  08-06-2022, 10:09 PM
                                • Aquila ammo test
                                  by dewman
                                  Tested Aquila Super Colibri (590fps), Super Extra hp (1280fps) & Interceptor (1470 fps ).
                                  Super Colibri (590) maybe good up to 30' 3-1/2"-4"...
                                  08-05-2022, 05:11 PM
                                • Show and Tell
                                  by Amflyer
                                  Show me a picture and tell me (us) about your favorite hunting or fishing something.
                                  08-04-2022, 07:23 PM
                                • College Orientation News
                                  by fitch270
                                  Yesterday I finally got to check out the college the Kid will be attending in just three short weeks. I wasn’t really sure what to expect but left with...
                                  07-30-2022, 12:37 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X