Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just logged onto the new and not-so-improved Field and Stream website. It apparently only allows us to view and comment on two of their select answers. All other past answers and comments are not accessible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just logged onto the new and not-so-improved Field and Stream website. It apparently only allows us to view and comment on two of their select answers. All other past answers and comments are not accessible.

Just logged onto the new and not-so-improved Field and Stream website. It apparently only allows us to view and comment on two of their select answers. All other past answers and comments are not accessible.

I looked at it as well, it sucks.

Comment

Look for the almost invisible "Menu" button to right of F&S logo at top of home page. That will take you to Answers, Blogs, etc. They should at least use a larger font for that button (and maybe make it look like a button?). Very unnoticeable but essential for navigating the site.

Comment

It's an eye sore visually. I'm not posting here just to gripe, but in the hopes that OL puts the brakes on the march to sterile conformity.

Comment

After seeing the sample screen-shot FS posted last week I was not impressed but thought I'd wait and see. Still not impressed. I don't like high image sites in general because the images don't add much to effective communication or knowledge. On a magazine site, my preference is to read and converse rather than stare at stock images or watch videos.
          So far a huge disappointment. But I'll remain patient and see how it all develops.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
            It's an eye sore visually. I'm not posting here just to gripe, but in the hopes that OL puts the brakes on the march to sterile conformity.
            It has a lot of wasted screen space. From what I gather OL is doing same and there is no stopping it. If I disappear, you know where to get in touch. I will not participate in any Facebook tracking site. It appears Bonnier purchased Facebook widgets and is using them as their platform. But hey, what do I know? Suppose it is the wave of the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
              Look for the almost invisible "Menu" button to right of F&S logo at top of home page. That will take you to Answers, Blogs, etc. They should at least use a larger font for that button (and maybe make it look like a button?). Very unnoticeable but essential for navigating the site.
              Looks like all the pain in the neck TV menus out there where you sit down to watch a vid and spend all the time spinning the images trying to figure out something to watch.

Comment

FS does load better on my mobile. Previously, I could not load OL or FS on the phone due to all the ads bogging it down.

Comment

That is the other thing. I don't have a facebook or twitter account, and I'm not getting one.

Comment

I'm guessing Mr. Hanson will be happy with the lack of a comment feature.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what Facebook tracking would you be referring to, in regard to F&S? I looked through the site, and apart from a few videos, didn't see anything.

Comment

I'm guessing Mr. Hanson will be happy with the lack of a comment feature.
                        He'd probably be even happier if people started clicking on his articles again. I know I'm not the only one boycotting them.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie elk View Post
                          After seeing the sample screen-shot FS posted last week I was not impressed but thought I'd wait and see. Still not impressed. I don't like high image sites in general because the images don't add much to effective communication or knowledge. On a magazine site, my preference is to read and converse rather than stare at stock images or watch videos.
                          So far a huge disappointment. But I'll remain patient and see how it all develops.
                          I actually like sites with a lot of images, since images are part of how I make my living. But I still agree with you in this case.

Comment

Just looked at it. Don't like it. I doubt there's any stopping OL from following along, though. Maybe I'm just resistant to change, but it seems like websites always have to go and tinker with things right when I get comfortable with the layout.

Comment

I'm not sure exactly what Charlie was referring to, but there is a trend in a lot of sites that all of the thumbs up/down, and comments require logging through one of those entities. I don't see a comment section in the couple of articles I read (which is kind of fine, I bet it annoys the hell out of some of the writers), but I do see the facebook, twitter, and google plus icons for sharing and I imagine rating. They've been on both sites for a while, but not as prominently and there were other internal options for comments. I've recently debated getting a quiet account just to be able to track updates from my dojo.. but have still resisted it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Eatin ‘chuck
                                by dewman
                                Took out a couple woodchucks this week. Things tunneled all over under a pals shop and equipment. Might still be a couple more. He asked can they be eaten....
                                Yesterday, 07:19 PM
                              • Parallax adj
                                by CD2
                                Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
                                08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
                              • TriggerTech installed
                                by fitch270
                                First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
                                08-06-2022, 10:09 PM
                              • Aquila ammo test
                                by dewman
                                Tested Aquila Super Colibri (590fps), Super Extra hp (1280fps) & Interceptor (1470 fps ).
                                Super Colibri (590) maybe good up to 30' 3-1/2"-4"...
                                08-05-2022, 05:11 PM
                              • Show and Tell
                                by Amflyer
                                Show me a picture and tell me (us) about your favorite hunting or fishing something.
                                08-04-2022, 07:23 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X