Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have noticed that any time I make a comment or post on a issue, there is a blue "edit" that appears under my post, why is that ? I see it under no other comments.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have noticed that any time I make a comment or post on a issue, there is a blue "edit" that appears under my post, why is that ? I see it under no other comments.

I have noticed that any time I make a comment or post on a issue, there is a blue "edit" that appears under my post, why is that ? I see it under no other comments.

It gives you the opportunity to 'edit' your post. Only you can edit your post.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
      Or prevent forest fires.

Comment

The edit box will only appear on your post, giving you the opportunity to change up your answer if you need to or if you find a mistake that needs correcting.

Comment

It's there so you can go back and edit your post, if you've made a big typo or an incorrect statement, or for any other reason. You only see it under your own posts because you can only edit your own posts. I have to admit, the thought of editing other people's posts is strangely appealing, but it's probably a bad idea. LOL

Comment

Or make this world seem right.

Comment

Why would anything so simple be so hard to figure out ? I thank those who filled me in on this
              and did not make fun of me for my stupidity. But I guess that should be no surprise as all that
              I have met on here are great people !!

Comment

Originally posted by huntfishtrap View Post
                It's there so you can go back and edit your post, if you've made a big typo or an incorrect statement, or for any other reason. You only see it under your own posts because you can only edit your own posts. I have to admit, the thought of editing other people's posts is strangely appealing, but it's probably a bad idea. LOL
                Thanks hft, I feel rather foollish !

Comment

Originally posted by ozark_ghost View Post
                  The edit box will only appear on your post, giving you the opportunity to change up your answer if you need to or if you find a mistake that needs correcting.
                  Just how much more simple can it be ? Thanks for your help !

Comment

Oh, we made fun of you, just on a different thread. If you click on the fourth star after HFT's username, then type "crayfish," then click on the "L" in Outdoor Life up above, you'll see what I mean. Seriously, no need to feel stupid. I don't even know if I just used the word "thread" correctly. I don't know how to post photos (not that I would, anyway; other users would seethe with jealousy, for several different reasons). I also try sometimes to be as funny as Amflyer, but it never quite pans out.

Comment

Now you've got me curious about those photos Tioughnioga! Why would we be jealous? Posting photos is pretty straightforward, BTW.

Comment

Sometimes we must ask "stupid" questions in order to learn what others already know. I have made
                        mistakes in posts and never knew how to correct them, now thanks to being "stupid" I do. At my age
                        there are many things that no longer bother me, don't even give them a second thought. However, not
                        being stupid still makes me fight to keep my head above water and sometimes I have to dog paddle
                        pretty damn hard. Again, thanks to all.

Comment

Evidently someone else can also. I show to have had comment deleted on 8-03-15. How does that
                          happen and what can be a reason ? I have never made a derogetory remark to or about anyone, no
                          foul language, so what can be up ?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget