Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe I missed it, but could someone at OL post the winner of the Caption Contest for the Armalite Upper so the rest of us can c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe I missed it, but could someone at OL post the winner of the Caption Contest for the Armalite Upper so the rest of us can c

Maybe I missed it, but could someone at OL post the winner of the Caption Contest for the Armalite Upper so the rest of us can c

I always wonder about the winner of these contests too. I assume they let the winners know, but it would be nice for all of us to see which one won.

Comment

Honestly I won it and the e-mail went to my junk mail and I didn't see it until after the expire date(I didn't even know there was an expire date). I e-mailed them back and they said I was too late. Not sure if they gave it to anyone else.

Comment

Why can't they post it on the web site and provide the top entries and who won? Seems to me, JM, that you got shorted here. Who did end up with that upper?

Comment

Originally posted by DSMbirddog View Post
          Why can't they post it on the web site and provide the top entries and who won? Seems to me, JM, that you got shorted here. Who did end up with that upper?
          Wow JM, that's more than just a little disappointing ... I know that their sister publication, F&S, publishes the winner's names even when they're just giving away some monofilament line. I just hope that that the OL staffer that ended up with "your" upper will write a gear review so that we can at least get something out of this. On a positive note, at least it's not too late to help that Nigerian businessman transfer his fortune to the US while earning yourself a nice little rainy-day fund in the process!

Comment

Wow JM, that's more than just a little disappointing ... I know that their sister publication, F&S, publishes the winner's names even when they're just giving away some monofilament line. I just hope that that the OL staffer that ended up with "your" upper will write a gear review so that we can at least get something out of this. On a positive note, at least it's not too late to help that Nigerian businessman transfer his fortune to the US while earning yourself a nice little rainy-day fund in the process!

Comment

I visit the website every day and expected a post about the winner(like on the Benny Spies posts, etc.). I never saw a post about it and I never check my junk mail. Plus it came from a person, not OutdoorLife(I had to open it to see what it was about which wasn't really fair to me since I am always afraid to open spam mail with a name I don't recognize).

Comment

JM - I couldn't agree with you more. I'm amazed why OL elects not to toot their own horn when they give away prizes ... especially NICE prizes. Again, disappointing ending to what was intended to be a fun (and rewarding) Caption Contest.

Comment

I stopped replying to those contests years ago cause I figured no one ever won and if someone did they would post it like their sister site [email protected] does. When someone would ask on the answers section OL would never respond. You got the shaft JM, especially disappointing considering how much you contribute to this site. Maybe I've won in the past also cause I rarely check my junk mail.

Comment

That sucks JM. You got screwed, IMHO. I won their "Rut Quiz" contest a few years ago, and they never posted it on the site either. They finally emailed me about a month after the contest, but thankfully the email didn't go to my spam, and I recognized the name as one of the OL writers, so I was able to claim the prize.

Comment

I have to be more specific. I won one of the Caption Contests for an Armalite Upper. Not sure exactly which one you were referring to since there were multiple results when I searched it on the website(seeing if I would get lucky and find a "winners" post I somehow missed).

Comment

Originally posted by MN Outdoorsman View Post
                        I stopped replying to those contests years ago cause I figured no one ever won and if someone did they would post it like their sister site [email protected] does. When someone would ask on the answers section OL would never respond. You got the shaft JM, especially disappointing considering how much you contribute to this site. Maybe I've won in the past also cause I rarely check my junk mail.
                        Same here and I never sort through the spam folder either.

Comment

I agree JM got ripped by a cheesy operatoin. The tin ears on the OL staff running this site are amazingly deaf. Talk about a group that's out of touch...
                          Always assumed they posted the winner of the contests and if no winner is posted a reasonable person would assume no prize was awarded.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget