Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite cut and dish of venison? Mine would have to be chicken-fried steak.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okwaho
    replied
    Originally posted by DSMbirddog View Post
    I would have to choose the tenderloin. I never freeze them. They are cooked simply in butter with salt and pepper in a screaming hot cast iron skillet. They come out rare and served with a salad, dinner rolls, and a fresh vegetable.
    Same here. Nothing but salt and pepper for me on any cut. I like to taste the venison.

Leave a comment:

• DSMbirddog
    replied
    I would have to choose the tenderloin. I never freeze them. They are cooked simply in butter with salt and pepper in a screaming hot cast iron skillet. They come out rare and served with a salad, dinner rolls, and a fresh vegetable.

Leave a comment:

• Redhawk
    replied
    A lot of people go for tendrloins and backstrap, but I find myself prefering what mom cooked. I love myself some venison (or buffalo or beef), barley, and vegetable soup; just the way mom used to make it.

Leave a comment:

• 4everAutumn
    replied
    My favorite is the tenderloin. I like to roll them in olive oil and coat them in Greek seasoning. Let them sit overnight and throw them on the charcoal grill. Cook them rare and you can cut them with a fork. I wish the whole deer was made out of that meat!

Leave a comment:

• charlie elk
    replied
    Tough question or tough decision.
    Tenderloin
    Rack of Venison, cooked and served as you would prime rib

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    I use prime cuts of venison, cut it in small cubes and use it in my Chili. Even the anti-hunters ask for seconds.

Leave a comment:

• What's your favorite cut and dish of venison? Mine would have to be chicken-fried steak.

What's your favorite cut and dish of venison? Mine would have to be chicken-fried steak.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget