Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John B. Snow: Do you get a lot of Game of Thrones References on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John B. Snow: Do you get a lot of Game of Thrones References on here?

John B. Snow: Do you get a lot of Game of Thrones References on here?

Buckaroo, if you don't mind me asking, what's the story behind this question?

Comment

Originally posted by Redhawk View Post
      Jon Snow is a main Character in Game of Thrones. I am just wondering if there are a lot of crossovers.

Comment

Oh. Now I get it. I don't watch Game of Thrones because as I understand it it's one of those shows that are full graphic rape, torture, and violence; and anyone that wants to watch that crap is one hell of a sick puppy. Probably a danger to society, as well.

Comment

Well for the most part you've been misinformed. I guess if you feel like 10 million of your neighbors are a danger to society it speaks more about you than it does about a live action representation of a fantasy novel.

Comment

We've known each other for a while now, Buck. If you haven't picked up on pessimistic outlook than I'll explain how I see things: I think that most people are capable of murder, I think that most people (or men, anyway) are capable of rape, I think most people are capable of outrageously heinous acts. Since Cain killed Able that's the way things have been, and until the end of the age that's the way things will be. Now, if watching people pretty realistically imitate the previously mentioned things piques someone's fancy, than I think that's just an indicator that that someone is like most everyone else. I don't think that only people who watch graphic entertainment are threats to society and other people, I think that the vast majority of people, much more than 10 million of my neighbors, are threats to both me, other people, and our fragile society; which, as much as I hate to say it, is really only held together by governing authorities, namely law enforcement and the (so called) criminal justice system.

Comment

Pessimism is fine, I'm not saying there is a right or a wrong way, (but you might live a bit longer if you tried things my way). What I said was: "it tells more about you", and that is accurate because it for the most part lines up with your world view. We're all born sinful creatures Hawk, and that fact might help bolster your world view that if law enforcement and criminal system were to go away people would just give into their base nature. However, I choose to believe that for the most part we're miserable but that we're trying to get better. We've been given a perfect example in which to follow, and I like to believe we're getting closer and closer to following it. Conversely, even if your only form of entertainment was reading The Bible, you're still exposed to Rape, Murder, Torture, and graphic sex. So a live action representation that is true to form would be in the same ball park and that's not even counting apocryphal texts that could have some seriously messed up stuff. I'm not saying that entertainment should celebrate sinful acts. I'm saying well written entertainment gives us a mirror for which to reflect our own short comings and work to be more like the example Christ put before us. So as to your outlook, you're just as justified in saying a show makes people desensitized to an act as I am to saying it makes people empathetic to the victims of an act.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                by jhjimbo
                If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                Yesterday, 02:15 PM
              • Pay it forward
                by fitch270
                I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
              • Reloading Gear Order
                by fitch270
                I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
              • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                by dewman
                Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
              • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                by Ernie
                Any handgun hunters here?
                Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X