Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know this is an odd sounding question but by chance does any one know of classes or lesson on how to craft recurve bows as well as skinning and tanning classes? and thank yo in advance for at the very least taking time out of your day to read this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know this is an odd sounding question but by chance does any one know of classes or lesson on how to craft recurve bows as well as skinning and tanning classes? and thank yo in advance for at the very least taking time out of your day to read this.

I know this is an odd sounding question but by chance does any one know of classes or lesson on how to craft recurve bows as well as skinning and tanning classes? and thank yo in advance for at the very least taking time out of your day to read this.

www.buildyourownbow.com and www.instructables.com are two sites I found by typing in "How to build recurve bows" and "How to tan hides" into a google search. I don't know if these would help or not, but you could probably do the same search for classes in your area too. I hope this helps. Good luck, be safe and have fun!

Comment

I think classes will have to be found by you due to differences in location. Do a google search for "raptor archery classes and seminars" and maybe give them a call. That is the only website I could find online. There are also some really great videos on youtube of how to skin and tan hides. Maybe check those out. You could also keep your eyes out for when there is a fur sale/auction and talk to some of the people there. I know there are also books out there on how to skin/tan hides.
      -I have never made a bow, but I can tell you that everyone makes mistakes when learning how to skin/tan hides. Don't be discouraged, but I would suggest starting on something like a squirrel in case you mess up. Best of luck.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget