Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Field and Stream is beginning to annoy me a little. Some of the writers do way too much writing about themselves and about their writing, and many of the articles are just snarky little pieces without information or anything thought-provoking. Th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field and Stream is beginning to annoy me a little. Some of the writers do way too much writing about themselves and about their writing, and many of the articles are just snarky little pieces without information or anything thought-provoking. Th

Field and Stream is beginning to annoy me a little. Some of the writers do way too much writing about themselves and about their writing, and many of the articles are just snarky little pieces without information or anything thought-provoking. That's not an overall assessment; it's just a few things that I don't like. I'm liking Outdoor Life more and more. Why doesn't this site get more activity? Can it be true that most of my fellow outdoor readers really prefer the snotty, snarky, "Look at how cool we are!" atmosphere of Field and Stream?

I get enough of snarky, snotty self-absorbed people in the real world. This is an escape from all that for me. If the civility that I can generally enjoy on this site goes, than I will do the same. I do wish it were more active though. There are always the core people that we can all count on, but it seems like there's not too many new people who jump on board.

Comment

This site is getting more activity now than it has in months, maybe years. The very frequent site problems (which now seem to be at least mostly taken care of) were the primary cause of the lack of activity I think. I can't really offer an opinion on OL vs. F&S, because I don't get F&S, and don't use their site either.

Comment

F&S has always held a lot of contests which attract/keep more people on the website. With both websites being so similar, most people will just opt to use the one with more people.

Comment

I agree with huntfishtrap, due to the new fresh look and ease of Outdoor Life's site, it appears the site is being heavily used by great members. Outdoor Life was having issues, and I'll be honest I did take a step back from the site, when I would be bombarded with advertisements whenever trying to open a link; again, most of these type problems have been taken care of. We'll gladly invite you to share your knowledge here on OL.

Comment

I like both websites, the Editors and all the users who make comments.
            No complaints,
            Gary

Comment

F&S seems to have more people who are 'regulars', OL has knowledgeable people as well but I think they are introverts, sitting on the sidelines.
              I am on both sites and get both magazines and don't mind a little over-lap.

Comment

It's good to see more participants on this site, now. I have to admit that I am not as frequent a user here as I have been in the past, but that doesn't mean that I don't check in occasionally. Good folks here.

Comment

I check both sites and enjoy them. I think there are a lot of folks registered on both sites actually. It is nice to see more activity here and some of the old users like Piney and Kody showing up.

Comment

I check both regularly (what else do you do when work is slow and you're not out hunting?), and I still think the lack of activity here is only going to cause more lack in activity. More people are on the answers section and the message boards over there, so more people continue to talk over there. If I see a question I can answer, or an article I have input or questions about, I will participate on either site equally. But there are more questions/messages over there between the users so my participation is heavier on F&S. I am assuming that's universal for most people on these two sites.

Comment

don't mind either but I'm one of those occasional users to both sites. I do have to say though it seem like on this one your opinion is more valued by the users than on field and stream. Some times the self righteous and conceited make for interesting dialogue at the field and stream site but for the most part they get irritating.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Son of a Fitch; goin' mobile
                        by fitch270
                        Kid got his drivers license today, only points off were for not actually turning to look behind him when he pulled out from parallel parking. I told him...
                        Today, 08:27 PM
                      • Unusual Sound
                        by jhjimbo
                        At camp in S. Ohio I was almost asleep and I heard the strangest howl-screech, bark that I have ever heard. Raised the hair on my neck. About 30min later...
                        Today, 02:17 PM
                      • bedding on new rifle
                        by Amflyer
                        Finally painted some release and on the action and blocked the undercuts with clay. Was out of the commercial release, a vinyl paint on solution by Brownells,...
                        Today, 12:22 AM
                      • Pictures blocked when logged out?
                        by fitch270
                        Can't quite figure this one out since it doesn't happen on F&S, if I'm not logged in posted pictures aren't showing up. Doubt its just me.
                        Yesterday, 08:57 PM
                      • Son of a Fitch: turkey taxidermy
                        by fitch270

The kid put this together with his solo bird from this spring. He split a slice of maple for the mounting board, dried the...
                        09-23-2020, 07:43 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X