Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a Gopro on its way. Do you have any tips for me starting out? Was it a dumb purchase? Do you have one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a Gopro on its way. Do you have any tips for me starting out? Was it a dumb purchase? Do you have one?

I have a Gopro on its way. Do you have any tips for me starting out? Was it a dumb purchase? Do you have one?

Yeah, they are terrible. Might as well just forward it in the mail to my address.
    -They're pretty fun. I do not currently own one, but I know lots of people who do. I think figuring out all of the mounts(if you plan on using them) is the hardest part. I just saw a guy shooting clays at the gun range a few days ago with one mounted to his hat. With a waterproof case you can go anywhere with it.

Comment

I don't have a Gopro, but I do have eyecam glasses and I have a ball with them. Nothing that would bring more fun to your adventures and allow you to share them with others would be a "dumb" purchase!

Comment

I don't have one, but they sound like fun. Maybe soon we'll see you in your own TV show, or at least setup a YouTube channel.

Comment

I have one and it's a lot of fun. I take it scuba diving, swimming with the kids, hunting, etc. They're great fun and a great way to share the experience with your family and friends. Mounting it is always the difficult decision, but there are a lot of accessories out there to choose from. Personally, for hunting, I like to mount it on my bow, right behind the stabilizer. It's easy to reach and start recording when something comes in. You need to practice with it and get it aimed correctly. I use a Hi-Tech Sports Camera mount for my bow and you'll need the tri-pod mount adapter for the go-pro. You can mount it to your head, chest, arms, etc too, but, depending on your hunt, you want to mount it where it will require the smallest movements possible to push the record button.

Comment

I don't have one, but I do have a lot of other camera gear, and the best piece of advice I can give to a new buyer is to read the manual. I know supposedly the "manly" thing to do is throw the manual in the trash and just wing it, but the manual is the best place to start when you're just trying to figure out how to best use a new purchase. Seems stupidly simple I know, but you'd be surprised at how many people don't know how to get the most out of their cameras (or any electronic equipment).

Comment

I don't think it's stupid at all. I've thought they'd be neat for all kinds of adventures, but never really thought too seriously about it. Only time I really thought "A go-pro would have been awesome there." was this spring while riding my motorcycle into work. At one point I realized I was catching up to a bird at eye level. Pulled up even and next to a cooper's or sharp shinned hawk. I can still picture that bird go through a few rotations of flapping just a couple feet to the right of my head before he looked at me then veered off. It'd be very cool to be able to share moments like that.

Comment

I have the Hero 3+ Black Edition. So far I love it. I will update you all in a while and maybe have a few vids to share!

Comment

Hey Trudeau, I wrote this post awhile back and it might help you out: (http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/hunting/2014/07/five-tips-hunting-gopro-camera)

Good luck and send us photos or video if you shoot anything cool!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Son of a Fitch; goin' mobile
                    by fitch270
                    Kid got his drivers license today, only points off were for not actually turning to look behind him when he pulled out from parallel parking. I told him...
                    Today, 08:27 PM
                  • Unusual Sound
                    by jhjimbo
                    At camp in S. Ohio I was almost asleep and I heard the strangest howl-screech, bark that I have ever heard. Raised the hair on my neck. About 30min later...
                    Today, 02:17 PM
                  • bedding on new rifle
                    by Amflyer
                    Finally painted some release and on the action and blocked the undercuts with clay. Was out of the commercial release, a vinyl paint on solution by Brownells,...
                    Today, 12:22 AM
                  • Pictures blocked when logged out?
                    by fitch270
                    Can't quite figure this one out since it doesn't happen on F&S, if I'm not logged in posted pictures aren't showing up. Doubt its just me.
                    Yesterday, 08:57 PM
                  • Son of a Fitch: turkey taxidermy
                    by fitch270

The kid put this together with his solo bird from this spring. He split a slice of maple for the mounting board, dried the...
                    09-23-2020, 07:43 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X