Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bar tenders are held responsible for over serving their clients? dog owners are responsible for their pets actions. why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bar tenders are held responsible for over serving their clients? dog owners are responsible for their pets actions. why

bar tenders are held responsible for over serving their clients? dog owners are responsible for their pets actions. why not cat owners?all those cats on farms i bet have been vaccinated right?how can u determine if numbers of game animals and song birds are affected after they become victims ?INSTEAD of a hunting license then maybe a cat tax ? since were all truthful conservationist you can declare how many cats you own .As for the disapperance of so many cats,and me getting in trouble,the damn coyotes are taking over the country side and that must of been a shot at them you heard .

As I stated earlier, you can not blame the cat for killing a bird. If you want to blame the person responsible for them, feel free.

Comment

Man you are REALLY stuck on this aren't you?

Comment

I'm not going to debate the issue with you further, because I'm sure neither of us are going to change the other's mind. So I will just say this - you should be grateful I'm not a neighbor of yours, because if you did anything to a cat I owned, I would deal with you personally, no need to involve the authorities.

Comment

LOL , I'm really scared now, I'M to old of a cat to be scratched by a kitten. KEEP YOURS HOME

Comment

Cats hunt and eat Pheasants and other birds, coyotes eat cats, hunters shoot coyotes, end of story.

Comment

George Reiger, conservation columnist for Field and Stream, brought this issue up about twenty years ago (maybe more). It generated a lot of reader mail, to put it mildly. Who can really say what effect house cats have on wild game? I'm not saying either side is wrong. I will say that we had three or four cats at any given time when I was growing up; we lived in the boonies and the cats did plenty of roaming. One of them (interestingly, the gentlest one with us humans) was a stone-cold killer; she was always bringing home small rabbits, baby woodchucks, and once a full-grown weasel. At the same time, you couldn't walk fifty yards in the woods around our house without flushing at least one grouse or woodcock. We were there in that house for eight years, we always had lots of cats, and there were always game birds everywhere.

Comment

Cat owners should "not" let their cat roam outside. There are many dangers outside. My wife and I own a house cat. Our cat never goes out.

A few of the outdoor dangers.

1. Automobiles will kill cats.
                2. Bears, bobcats, coyotes, poisonous snakes and stray dogs can kill cats.
                3. Rabies and Lyme disease can kill cats.
                4. Hunters or Trappers can kill pet cats who don't belong in the forest.
                5. The Animal Shelter can pick up your wandering cat and could later euthanized it.

Comment

6P, what is it with you and feral cats? Why is it such an issue for you???
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                    6P, what is it with you and feral cats? Why is it such an issue for you???
                    Sounds like it's personal

Comment

Originally posted by Okwaho View Post
                      George Reiger, conservation columnist for Field and Stream, brought this issue up about twenty years ago (maybe more). It generated a lot of reader mail, to put it mildly. Who can really say what effect house cats have on wild game? I'm not saying either side is wrong. I will say that we had three or four cats at any given time when I was growing up; we lived in the boonies and the cats did plenty of roaming. One of them (interestingly, the gentlest one with us humans) was a stone-cold killer; she was always bringing home small rabbits, baby woodchucks, and once a full-grown weasel. At the same time, you couldn't walk fifty yards in the woods around our house without flushing at least one grouse or woodcock. We were there in that house for eight years, we always had lots of cats, and there were always game birds everywhere.
                      I like the neighbor's cats taking out the chipmunks around my house.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Remington news
                        by fitch270
                        Just caught this on another forum, wanted to pass it along and get thoughts from anyone interested. Hopefully something good will come out of it.
                        09-27-2020, 05:55 PM
                      • Grips and stocks
                        by dewman
                        so I was shooting the 357 I received from my father yesterday afternoon. The magnas that came on it gave me a good grip but were small enough to make...
                        09-27-2020, 08:55 AM
                      • Youth pheasant hike
                        by fitch270
                        Just the girl and the younger dog today. Ok, so we went hunting but she didn't pop a primer.

Started out with a guilt trip, I let the dogs...
                        09-26-2020, 08:41 PM
                      • Son of a Fitch; goin' mobile
                        by fitch270
                        Kid got his drivers license today, only points off were for not actually turning to look behind him when he pulled out from parallel parking. I told him...
                        09-25-2020, 08:27 PM
                      • Unusual Sound
                        by jhjimbo
                        At camp in S. Ohio I was almost asleep and I heard the strangest howl-screech, bark that I have ever heard. Raised the hair on my neck. About 30min later...
                        09-25-2020, 02:17 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X