Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know of a magazine, newspaper, or website where I could pay tribute to my brother who recently passed away at the ag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know of a magazine, newspaper, or website where I could pay tribute to my brother who recently passed away at the ag

Does anyone know of a magazine, newspaper, or website where I could pay tribute to my brother who recently passed away at the age of 30? He loved everything about being outdoors, it was his one true passion in life to be doing anything with nature (hunting, fishing, filming, camping, etc.). I have been trying to find a good way to pay tribute to how he lived his life? Thank you

North American Hunting Club has a magazine they put out every month for their members and to purchase. They always have great family oriented stories and really focus on family values. I'm not sure if you are a member or not, but try shooting them an email or a call, maybe they can help you out. There are so many sportsman who belong to NAHC as well. Also, ask OL!!

Comment

I am sorry for your loss. What if instead of or on top of paying tribute in a magazine you organize a group of people to build a hiking trail or campsite in a state or federal park or possibly a nature center. Or maybe adopt a roadway in an area that he used to travel in while on his way to a favorite outdoor destination. You could dedicate the project to him and it would have a lasting impact on other outdoor enthusiasts. Possibly a trail could be named after him or just a sign on an adopted highway saying "In loving memory" of him. Perhaps that would get attention from your local newspaper and they would do a story on it. Lot's of outdoor activities rely upon volunteers to make things possible for other people. Local church groups or Boy or Girl Scout troops could be a good place to find willing volunteers for service work.

Comment

In Minnesota groups can adopt a stretch of the Mississippi to clean up. I'm pretty sure they get their name on a sign. Maybe you could start a similar program where you live or join one. I'm not trying to make work for you these are just some things I thought of on the top of my head.

Comment

Maybe make some wood duck houses or mallard hen houses,(important for the future of the species) and get permission from local wetlands to install and maintain them every year and put a plaque remembering him on them.

Comment

Thank you for all of the good ideas, OL was mentioned and I have checked with them but don't get responses anymore. More ideas are welcome, they have given me some inspiration......much appreciated.

Comment

You could post same question on Field and Streams website. It gets a lot more traffic and responses from people.

Comment

It's sad losing a friend. I recommend putting together a PowerPoint presentation to honor his life. If you are not familiar with PowerPoint, it is a Windows program that allows one to insert pictures and movies and these will play like a slide show to whatever music you select.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Son of a Fitch; goin' mobile
                  by fitch270
                  Kid got his drivers license today, only points off were for not actually turning to look behind him when he pulled out from parallel parking. I told him...
                  Today, 08:27 PM
                • Unusual Sound
                  by jhjimbo
                  At camp in S. Ohio I was almost asleep and I heard the strangest howl-screech, bark that I have ever heard. Raised the hair on my neck. About 30min later...
                  Today, 02:17 PM
                • bedding on new rifle
                  by Amflyer
                  Finally painted some release and on the action and blocked the undercuts with clay. Was out of the commercial release, a vinyl paint on solution by Brownells,...
                  Today, 12:22 AM
                • Pictures blocked when logged out?
                  by fitch270
                  Can't quite figure this one out since it doesn't happen on F&S, if I'm not logged in posted pictures aren't showing up. Doubt its just me.
                  Yesterday, 08:57 PM
                • Son of a Fitch: turkey taxidermy
                  by fitch270

The kid put this together with his solo bird from this spring. He split a slice of maple for the mounting board, dried the...
                  09-23-2020, 07:43 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X