Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody support Phil Robertson of DD in his expressing, when asked in a interview, his Bible based views?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody support Phil Robertson of DD in his expressing, when asked in a interview, his Bible based views?

Does anybody support Phil Robertson of DD in his expressing, when asked in a interview, his Bible based views?

I support the fact that he should have the right to express his own beliefs. I feel that this is a pathetic attempt by the media to ruin someone for their own gain.

Comment

Free speech for politically correct seems like a very poor trade to me. The fact that any group might not agree with someone's opinions does not eliminate that person's right to express them when asked. I say good luck to any media outlet wanting a candid interview with anyone in the future.

Comment

I thought Phil would be too smart to be baited into a trap like that. A year from now, he and his family will be happy, happy, happy. A&E will be the big loser.

Comment

I thought Phil would be too smart to be baited into a trap like that. A year from now, he and his family will be happy, happy, happy. A&E will be the big loser.

Comment

I respect his right to speak his mind and share his beliefs when asked. The fall out from that is unfortunate but I doubt that it will change him in any way. It seems to me that some of the people slamming him are the one's engaged in hate mongering.

Comment

Hey OL, what the hell happened to my comment??? I do not think I said anything that warranted its removal.

Original comment: "Whether you agree with what Phil Robertson said or not, the fact that he is being persecuted for honestly answering questions asked him in an interview should appall any freedom-loving American.
              If you think that a person should be silenced just because you disagree with something they said, perhaps you should move to someplace like North Korea, where censorship is considered to be okay.
              The fact is, anyone who tries to spin what Phil Robertson said as hate speech or homophobia is flat-out wrong, because all he said was that as a religious man, he considered homosexuality to be a sin, and he couldn't understand why anyone would want to live that lifestyle."

Comment

Huntfishtrap: I find it incredibly ironic that your comment about censorship was removed. I would also be very curious to hear what the content was that warranted its removal. I understand free speech rules are not in play here and those in charge can do as they please in terms of our comments. That being said, your question still deserves a response and quite frankly, my continued participation on this site depends on the answer.

Comment

Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Religion, All to be said about this situation. Phil is a great person, father, and Christian. He spoke his mind about his beliefs. If we can't speak freely or speak about your religion I feel that there is now a problem with America. This should not have happened. He is not forcing his religion on the folks supposedly offended nor should they push what they want or beleive onto Christians nor anyone who doesn't believe in what they do. This is my two cents on the matter.

Comment

not that i'm against what phil said, but this has nothing to do with freedom of speech. i can't believe how many times i've heard people say this because they are wrong.

the amendment deals with the government, not businesses. if the government were to come after phil, then it would be dealing with the amendment and would be wrong. however this does not apply to businesses. if someone speaks out and goes against the "values" or rules of a business they can remove them from their position

not sure phil should have been fired from a&e, but what they did was no infringement on phil's rights. if you don't believe me read the amendment

Comment

On this one I will side with Phil, Russia, The Koran and The Bible.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Covid-19
                        by jhjimbo
                        Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                        09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
                      • Spur of the moment rifle
                        by Amflyer
                        I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                        09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
                      • The $20 Shooting Shack
                        by fitch270
                        So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
                        09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
                      • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
                        by dewman
                        one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
                        09-15-2020, 08:42 AM
                      • Dewman goes Teal hunting.
                        by dewman
                        So one of the farmers who doesn't hunt doves does hunt rails & snipe which opened the 1st, and teal which opened yesterday (Saturday). He asked me...
                        09-13-2020, 04:48 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X