Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the normal amount of usage on this site? Does not seem like there are many users.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the normal amount of usage on this site? Does not seem like there are many users.

Is this the normal amount of usage on this site? Does not seem like there are many users.

No. For the last few months the site activity has been the slowest since I joined about 4 years ago. The only thing I can attribute it to are the number of -1s and venomous posts being given out by some users, who shall remain unnamed. Kind of sad how far it has declined actually.

Comment

field and stream is way better

Comment

It seems like that. Not too many people have posted much in months. Could be because there isn't much to hunt anywhere until the fall.

Comment

huntfishtrap,
          I would not pay any attention to a ding. Sharing information with like minded sportsmen, and women, is more important than a + or -.

Comment

It has been slow, and I think it may be due to a lack of young people on the forum. On F&S there seem to be a lot of teenagers and other young folks who ask questions, and here it's the same group of posters (myself included) who have been exchanging posts for some time. I don't understand the negativity floating around.

Comment

Haven't heard from Pineywoods in a long time! There use to be a lot of older people asking questions though.

Comment

Huntfishtrap: You nailed it. People deal with enough idiots and will close the door on them when they can. One user in particular goes out of his way to make a mockery of this site and people are tired of it. By the way, I can’t be the only one who thinks the person in question is a second account of one of the users. One plays arrogant, the other plays ignorant and I’d say the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Comment

Thanks---it's good to know I was missed. Since I took up pier fishing here in the northern Gulf, I haven't spent nearly as much time on the outdoor forums as in the past. So many fish, so little time. Fishing is slow right now due to the influx of muddy water following that tropical storm, so I'm in the A.C. playing on the computer.

Comment

I like this site as I am also on F&S the problem with that site is you have repeated questions such as "what would you do if you saw big" " whats better 30.06 or 270" " are you prepared for the zombies". I think this site is a little more laid back and more informative.

Comment

Sorry should have said "What would you do if you saw bigfoot"

Comment

idduckhntr...thats hilarious! I am having the same problem up here pineywoods, but its because the fish are still turned off from our long winter. By the way, i don't know if you have been by the Mississippi outlet, but how bad does the water look when it reaches the gulf? I have heard that nothing grows around the outlet. The Minnesota River is one of the worst rivers that flow into the Mississippi river. In St.Paul you can literally see the difference in water clarity where the two meet!

Comment

Apparently the Minnesota river has improved a lot but I'm sure it has a long way to go. I wonder how much the "dead zone" in the gulf has changed over the years? Has it improved with better farming practices or gotten worse because of an increase in human population and yard runoff? I suppose I could google it but perhaps someone on here has first hand knowledge. MNWhitetailHunter, have you been up to Lake of the Woods yet this year? I was up there last summer and hopefully will make it up there this summer. Fishing was great but the waves beat the crap out of our little 1980's 17 ft sylvan.

Comment

I go on here a lot but I usually don't comment. I think field and stream is more popular, and OutDoorLife copy's field and stream because they are connected.
                            Seth

P.S. I respect those of you who are regular and have answered my questions before thank you.

P.P.S. If you are on field and stream share you name tag so I can find you on there. My name tag is the same as this site.

Comment

I like how one question gets most of the regulars back. MWK_MN, thats funny that you ask because i know someone on that lake fishing right now. I'll tell you how they did when they get back.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Covid-19
                                by jhjimbo
                                Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                                09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
                              • Spur of the moment rifle
                                by Amflyer
                                I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                                09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
                              • The $20 Shooting Shack
                                by fitch270
                                So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
                                09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
                              • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
                                by dewman
                                one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
                                09-15-2020, 08:42 AM
                              • Dewman goes Teal hunting.
                                by dewman
                                So one of the farmers who doesn't hunt doves does hunt rails & snipe which opened the 1st, and teal which opened yesterday (Saturday). He asked me...
                                09-13-2020, 04:48 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X