Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since some deer hunters claim to only hunt for the meat,states should have tag's available that are priced higher for bucks.Th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since some deer hunters claim to only hunt for the meat,states should have tag's available that are priced higher for bucks.Th

Since some deer hunters claim to only hunt for the meat,states should have tag's available that are priced higher for bucks.That way bucks would have a chance to grow older and the meat hunters would have to (hunt for doe)instead of harvesting the first deer available.

Interesting idea, but I'm not sure I like the idea of penalizing hunters who do want the chance to harvest a buck by making them pay more for the tag.

Comment

I disagree. To begin with, I know MANY meat hunters who may only see one legal deer a year, so your statement that they shouldn't be able to shoot the first deer available angers me a bit. The last time I checked a buck has more meat than a doe does(on average), so saying that people willing to pay extra FOR THE ANTLERS should be the only ones able to get the extra meat even though it is not their priority is extremely arrogant.
      -Only allowing the majority of hunters to shoot does would be extremely hurtful to future populations of deer.

Comment

JM has a good point.I was also going to say that would decrease the population of deer. I think that game management from State's DNR should mostly be concerned with population management not policing the people who carry on the tradition of hunting and fishing. If sportsman get too harassed for everything by the state, these sports are going to be a memory of the past.

Comment

I agree 6phunter! Wouldnt be our fault they cant afford more expensive tags! Tired of them poor lower class people tagging the big bucks! Should be for the wealthy only who can afford to buy their meat in the stores!

Comment

I don't like the idea. Would the same apply to turkey, rabbit, squirrel, elk? The more potential meat on the animal the higher the price of the hunting license? How would it be determined what to pay for what species? Would you have to pay a penalty if the size of the animal harvested goes over the average weight allowed? This is just a silly idea. Most deer hunters I know don't necessarily take the first one that comes along anyways.

Comment

the problem would be population management. shot more does then bucks population plummets, buck hunters are actually good for whitetail management

Comment

Very bad idea. WI is a CWD state, older bucks due to their behavior have a higher incident of CWD so taking them out of the population is good for the long term health of the herd.
                later,
                charlie

Comment

Originally posted by charlie elk View Post
                  Very bad idea. WI is a CWD state, older bucks due to their behavior have a higher incident of CWD so taking them out of the population is good for the long term health of the herd.
                  later,
                  charlie
                  That makes sense Charlie

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Covid-19
                    by jhjimbo
                    Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                    09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
                  • Spur of the moment rifle
                    by Amflyer
                    I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                    09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
                  • The $20 Shooting Shack
                    by fitch270
                    So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
                    09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
                  • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
                    by dewman
                    one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
                    09-15-2020, 08:42 AM
                  • Dewman goes Teal hunting.
                    by dewman
                    So one of the farmers who doesn't hunt doves does hunt rails & snipe which opened the 1st, and teal which opened yesterday (Saturday). He asked me...
                    09-13-2020, 04:48 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X