Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My dad has always been the "there is always something that needs to be done, don't waste your day inside watching t.v. kind of p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dad has always been the "there is always something that needs to be done, don't waste your day inside watching t.v. kind of p

My dad has always been the "there is always something that needs to be done, don't waste your day inside watching t.v. kind of person and cannot stand not doing anything...recently he was in a severe snowmobiling accident (very freak, a tree fell on him out of nowhere, no wind, beautiful weather, just wrong place at the very wrong time. although it could have been much worse) and broke his leg in 3 places. He has been instructed to not put any weight on the leg for at least 6 weeks...anyway, to cut to the chase, its been about 2 1/2 weeks so far and he mentioned that even though he can't put weight on his leg, there has to be a way to do something with the fourwheeler so he can put his leg up and still ride around outside...the last time he was out it waqs on his way up to snowmobile so everything was still white but now the green is coming out and there is so much to do now that it is spring. he like to do things his way but cant...so i am his "helper" and if he could get on the 4 wheeler and at least be able to tell me what to do and how it would be the best thing. we get cows every year and by now we would have always had them for about a week or two but since my dads been "disabled" lol nothing has gotten ready...fertilize the pastures, harrow (if thats how you spell it lol} sprinklers ready to go, fix fences...and a whole lot of other things besides what has to do with the cows. lol so again in a nutshell, is there any soft of awesome invention that can go on the 4 wheeler so he can put his leg on it and still be comfortable?? please let me know...either way! thank you! Kylie Schrindel

I'm not aware of anything for a quad to rest his leg on. But even if he finds something or some way to do it please tell him to be extra careful. One slip up and he could have permanent damage. Are you old enough to do all those things without his help? Do you have older brothers or sisters to help out?

Comment

First off, I'm sorry about your dad, and I hope he has a quick recovery. I sorry, but I agree with DSM, I wouldn't recommend him putting his leg up, for safety reasons. With a leg up, you wouldn't be nearly as stable when driving it, and could easily fall off if you hit a bump or a hole.

Comment

ATV's are not the smoothest riding machines. Plus they can get stuck. if you are saying how he should put up his leg horizontal while riding, i don't know how he could turn with his leg being in the way. i would think its safer to wait to ride

Comment

If he's in good shape maybe a wheelchair?

Comment

How about mounting a chair in a trailer to haul behind the quad? He could sit in the trailer and you could drive him around like a king. I’ve got to side with the others though on riding the four-wheeler. If your dad is on it, he is leading with his leg and it could be the first thing to hit something. The trailer might not be the best thing for his pride, but at least he could be out there with you.

Comment

Your dad sounds like an awesome guy. Wait it out. One little mishap and he'll be out of commission the whole summer or worse.

Comment

Barrow a side by side until he is fully recovered.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Covid-19
                  by jhjimbo
                  Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                  09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
                • Spur of the moment rifle
                  by Amflyer
                  I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                  09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
                • The $20 Shooting Shack
                  by fitch270
                  So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
                  09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
                • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
                  by dewman
                  one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
                  09-15-2020, 08:42 AM
                • Dewman goes Teal hunting.
                  by dewman
                  So one of the farmers who doesn't hunt doves does hunt rails & snipe which opened the 1st, and teal which opened yesterday (Saturday). He asked me...
                  09-13-2020, 04:48 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X