Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if i am pig hunting with a .308 win. is it a enough power to kill a 300 pound hog or should i use my .35 remington pump action g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if i am pig hunting with a .308 win. is it a enough power to kill a 300 pound hog or should i use my .35 remington pump action g

if i am pig hunting with a .308 win. is it a enough power to kill a 300 pound hog or should i use my .35 remington pump action gun both have a scope sighted in 4 100 yards and can be equipped 4 night hunting

Your 308 would work for pigs. It is definitively strong enough! Most important thing is shot placement!

Comment

Nater, you are 100% correct on shot placement, it's far more important than having a big gun. Big gun helps, but if you hit a vital area, it's the same as a miss.

Comment

I meant if you miss a vital area, it's the same as a total miss. Sorry about that.

Comment

very true yall, ive killed deer with a .22 with 1 shot to the throat, shot placement is deffinitly more important than having a big bore gun

Comment

.308 is definately enough power so i would just worrk about getting the gun right on and like bo said it is all about shot placement

Comment

Unless those pigs are wearing body armor the .308 is plenty big enough. If the ranges are close you might be inclined to go with a round nose bullet to get good expansion. Don't go below a 150 gr bullet and no hard ball ammo of course.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget