Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone in the Northern states found any sheds yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone in the Northern states found any sheds yet?

Has anyone in the Northern states found any sheds yet?

I found a nice 10 point matched pair while muzzleloader hunting, and then one little 3 point side after the season, but that's it so far. I'm waiting for the snow to melt before I get serious.

Comment

do u kn how long sheds generally last(or how much time is left to shed hunt). i have heard of mice and other animals will eat the horns.

Comment

-I have not found any true sheds, but our dogs have found two antlers(does that count?).
        -It's all at random MN. I have found sheds during the November rifle season that hadn't been touched by any animals, yet I have found sheds in April turkey hunting that have been chewed up.

Comment

true sheds? im just talking about finding deer horns whether its both to the same deer or just one of his.

Comment

@MN,
            I found an antler that was broken off near the base, but I don't count that. What I mean by true shed is an antler that was dropped not broken off =p.

Comment

Do any of you live in New England?

Comment

me? no Minnesota hence MN

JM, why wouldn't you count those, as long as it looks okay i would keep it. just mail me those ones that you find.

Comment

As far as how long sheds will last, JM is right, it's kind of random, although I'm not sure why. Some farms we hunt, the rodents just tear into them, and there's often nothing left a month after they were dropped. But on some of our other farms, the critters don't touch them, and you can find sheds from multiple years on one trip. To be safe, I like to make multiple searches, usually starting in early February.

Comment

Huntfishtrap you aren't going to have any time to be fooling around looking for sheds. You have syrup to make!

Comment

@MN,
                      Don't worry I love finding broken off antlers. I just do not count it as finding a shed antler =p. The broken antler I found is currently propping up a picture of my cousin with her first deer.

Comment

The other week there was 8 deer four bucks four does i might post a pick on here of them and then mabey post a pick of a fish or something i might catch later while im down here in flordia while on vacation but back to the point four of the deer were does four bucks and every single buck only had only one antler. it was weird but i have not found any antlers though.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                          by jhjimbo
                          If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                          Yesterday, 02:15 PM
                        • Pay it forward
                          by fitch270
                          I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                          10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                        • Reloading Gear Order
                          by fitch270
                          I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                          10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                        • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                          by dewman
                          Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                          10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                        • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                          by Ernie
                          Any handgun hunters here?
                          Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                          10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X