Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I’m looking for a pair of hunting boots that will actually keep my feet warm when deer hunting. The temperatures I hunt in rang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m looking for a pair of hunting boots that will actually keep my feet warm when deer hunting. The temperatures I hunt in rang

I’m looking for a pair of hunting boots that will actually keep my feet warm when deer hunting. The temperatures I hunt in range from about 0-30 degrees and I do a lot of still hunting with some walking. I would like to keep the price under $150. What gram of Thinsulate should I get? Any “must have” hunting boots out there?

I would recommend Cabela's Extreme Whitetail boots. Excellent 10inch boots,waterproof and scent proof. They are available in 600gram and 1200gram. I have the 1200's. Excellent boot that isn't heavy or make you walk like frankenstein. They also have excellent traction too and don't slip too much on slippery rocks or icy ladder rungs. They are around 130.00 on Christmas sale now I think. Don't forget, the tighter you lace em up the less circulation causing your feet to get colder quicker. They're boots not ice skates!

Comment

I use a pair of leather Cabela's hunting boots that I bought 3 years ago, but I can't remember the specific model right now. They are Gore-Tex waterproof, and I think have 1000 grams of Thinsulate. I can't recommend them highly enough, they are a bit heavy, but not terribly, and otherwise I have found no flaws.

Comment

Officerdom's post just showed up after I made my post, and the ones I have are the Extreme Whitetail's, just couldn't remember the name before. As I said, I highly recommend them.

Comment

Irish setters have impressed me with their quality. I had a nice pair of water proof 200 insulate and they also have 2000 insulate (which will be more expensive obviously). my feet in the winter have never frozen in those boots..the 200 grams are good too.

look for a pair of irish setters in Cablea's

Comment

The best boots I have owned are Irish Setter 800 gram. Not too warm for walking but warm enough for sitting. They have also held up like no other boot I have ever worn.

Comment

I bought a pair of Rocky's 1000 gram thinsulate 9 inch boots and hunted while wearing them in 25 - 30 weather last week with just summer socks on and my feet never got cold at all, you may need some wool socks for 0 weather but for $150.00 the Rocky's are good boots too.

David H.

Comment

I recommend LaCrosse Burly 18 Inch ATS 1200-gram Rubber Hunting Boots.
                I have a pair of these boots and they are the only boots that I have owned/worn that have kept my feet warm and dry. I've hunted in these boots in temps below 30 degrees with my feet being comfortable and warm. I have walked in freezing water with these boots too without any discomfort or leaking. I tuck my bib bottoms inside the boots. I also use these boots around the house for snowblowing and just general wear outside. I have had these boots for at least ten years. I'll be buying another pair.
                These boots usually sell for $150.00, but I have recently seen them on sell for under $100.00.

Comment

Hi...

Can't recommend a specific boot...but can recommend a place to find a good variety of them.

That's The Sportsman's Guide. Their catalogs are both on-line and mail-order. I've gotten many types of outerwear from them over the years, including footwear.

Comment

Originally posted by Catpool9 View Post
                    I bought a pair of Rocky's 1000 gram thinsulate 9 inch boots and hunted while wearing them in 25 - 30 weather last week with just summer socks on and my feet never got cold at all, you may need some wool socks for 0 weather but for $150.00 the Rocky's are good boots too.

David H.
                    If you want to buy a great match boot for your demand then look and read this BEST HUNTING BOOTS review.
                    http://www.shoezipper.com/be-a-best-hunter-with-some-best-hunting-boots/

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Covid-19
                      by jhjimbo
                      Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                      09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
                    • Spur of the moment rifle
                      by Amflyer
                      I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                      09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
                    • The $20 Shooting Shack
                      by fitch270
                      So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
                      09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
                    • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
                      by dewman
                      one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
                      09-15-2020, 08:42 AM
                    • Dewman goes Teal hunting.
                      by dewman
                      So one of the farmers who doesn't hunt doves does hunt rails & snipe which opened the 1st, and teal which opened yesterday (Saturday). He asked me...
                      09-13-2020, 04:48 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X