Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This may sound crazy,but does anybody have any experience raising fawns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josey
    replied
    It's illegal in most states, if not all. What happens is the fawn may infect an area with CWD or other diseases, or, more importantly, imprint on people and then attack people later when the fawn becomes an adult, especially if the fawn is male. Well documented.

Humans like to save everything that has a broken bone, when, in fact, nature did not intend for that creature to survive. By interrupting nature, we screw with natural selection, the evolutionary force that wipes out those individuals that are not the most genetically fit.

Leave a comment:

• pineywoods
    replied
    It is usually a situation that ends in heartbreak unless there is a zoo that will take the deer after it is grown. It's also illegal here in AL.

Leave a comment:

• JM
    replied
    You can have one as a PET in many states...you would need a special permit and must buy it from a licensed breeder though.

Leave a comment:

• MB27
    replied
    I think its illegal where I live.I was looking at deer you can buy to farm and such and I was wondering about fawns.I didn't find much info though.

Leave a comment:

• huntfishtrap
    replied
    As DSM said, it's illegal in many, if not all, places to raise a wild-born fawn in captivity.

Leave a comment:

• DSMbirddog
    replied
    Its against the law in Iowa.

Leave a comment:

• JM
    replied
    I don't, but if you want to know anything specific I know someone that I could ask.

Leave a comment:

• This may sound crazy,but does anybody have any experience raising fawns?

This may sound crazy,but does anybody have any experience raising fawns?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget