Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Core Lokt/lead tips vs. ballistic tips? Which one do you prefer? Which one would be best for deer and which would be best for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Core Lokt/lead tips vs. ballistic tips? Which one do you prefer? Which one would be best for deer and which would be best for

Core Lokt/lead tips vs. ballistic tips? Which one do you prefer? Which one would be best for deer and which would be best for coyotes? What brand does everyone use and how do you like it? P.S. I will be using the ammo in a bolt action Remington 700 in .270. Thanks for your help!

I have use Core Lokt ever since I started hunting and they have never failed me. I've never used ballistic tips, but I have seen many animals killed by them and haven't seen much of a difference in the amount of damage done(compared to animals I have killed with Core Lokt's). As long as you put the bullet where it needs to be on the animal they won't be able to tell the difference.

Comment

I've used Core Lokt's on deer and other big game. I am not a fan of ballistice tips. I am currently loading Hornady SST's and have had good results with them.

Comment

Only ballistic tip bullet I shoot is a Nosler Accubond. Great bullet never had a problem with em from elk to deer.

Comment

The only difference I've seen is that the CorLokt seems to leave a better blood trail than the ballistic tips. I've hunted ballistic the last few season, but am thinking about changing back to the Cor Lokt after some pretty shakey blood trails on good hits.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget