Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rifle season is a month away in my state, so just a hypothetical question for everyone. There is a mature doe standing broadsid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• habben97
    replied
    I would put the doe in the freezer.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    I would shoot the buck. 150 yards is a slamb dunk, with a rifle and a scope. Let the breeder live because she will have at least two fawns in the spring.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry A.
    replied
    I would shoot the buck, hoping the report doesn't spook the doe away, or that she comes back in a short amount of time.

Leave a comment:

• JM
    replied
    And thanks piney, I still wish he/she would say why they are so angry with me.

Leave a comment:

• JM
    replied
    Since I have the luxury of having two more months of archery season after rifle season ends, I would opt to shoot AT the buck(who knows, might miss).

Leave a comment:

• pineywoods
    replied
    I have reported longbow for the personal attack and unnecessary derogatory statements. There's no sense in that sort of thing.

Leave a comment:

• www.dropjhook.com
    replied
    shoot them both, because One deer can't feed me all winter

Leave a comment:

• bruisedsausage
    replied
    I guess I'm the odd one out here, because I would shoot the doe. Not that I couldn't make the shot on the buck, but I already have a pile of horns from years gone by and a few nice trophies. So unless he was a real brute and would surpass my largest or at least give it a run for its money I would let him walk.

Leave a comment:

• the captain
    replied
    There would be antlers on the ground!

Leave a comment:

• huntfishtrap
    replied
    BTW, I hope somebody at OL shuts down "Longbow83"s account pretty soon. He's not contributing anything positive to the discussion.

Leave a comment:

• huntfishtrap
    replied
    All else being equal, I'd shoot the buck, you get more meat, plus a nice rack for the wall. A 150 yard shot with your knees as a rest isn't that hard, for a good rifleman. And the argument that the doe would taste better/be more tender isn't true if you fix the meat right. Pressure can it or fix it in a crock-pot/slow cooker with the right seasonings, and that old buck will be as good as any doe.

Leave a comment:

• mesarich
    replied
    I have always been and will always be a meat hunter. I would shoot the doe. You may have slightly more meat on the buck, but that doe will be more tender.

Leave a comment:

• Johnnie
    replied

Clear shot at the buck? I would shoot the buck.
    JM.... I've seen people like Longbow83 come and go on this site.

Leave a comment:

• DSMbirddog
    replied
    If it is a freehand shot I am going to shoot the doe.

Leave a comment:

• 6phunter
    replied
    LONGBOW 83'' IS THIS really the direction your sure you want to go ? Sometimes it's better to keep your negative comments to your self and be thought of as a fool,to continue removes all doubt.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget