Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I live in west-central wisconsin and am already starting to find a ton of scrapes and rubs on some property i can hunt. This is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I live in west-central wisconsin and am already starting to find a ton of scrapes and rubs on some property i can hunt. This is

I live in west-central wisconsin and am already starting to find a ton of scrapes and rubs on some property i can hunt. This is usually earlier than i would try to aggressively rattle. If i'm finding scrapes and rubs is it a good idea to start rattling considering there's a territorial buck in the area?

Absolutely! If you have reason to believe there's a dominant buck living in your hunting area, then rattling/calling is a very good idea.

Comment

I wouldn't aggressively rattle throughout the day, but maybe once or twice in the morning/right before dark.

Comment

after finding that kind of sign I WOULD DO NOTHING TO alert that or any other buck,it's still early,find a travel corridor and wait, silence is golden

Comment

I would try a few light, shallow grunts. Im finding scrapes and rubs too, but i find them every year around this time. I usually start having success rattling during the week of halloween through november, but you never know. I dont think it will hurt you trying to rattle...I have heard bucks tickle their antlers while sparing prior to the rut.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget