Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have the privlage to hunt property that borders a hunting lodge in MT, and there is a lot of game movement, should I take the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PigHunter
    replied
    There's a progression most hunters go through. You should go ahead and take the big buck now. He may not be there next year.

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by rjbedrock View Post
    I HEARD that the biggest buck in the HERD is a moron...just like you!
    LOL! Well, you heard wrong.

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by Bo View Post
    dcernick and rrmont, nailed it, in my mind. If you see one that you think you want, go for it. If you want to wait, do what you think is right. Hunting is the thing that drives many of us, why we do it may be different for each of us. But what you shoot is your personal preference, don't let anyone tell you how you are going to hunt when it's you doing it (legally) and the other guy doesn't have to live your life living by his decisions. We have too many people trying to run our lives as it is.
    Bo, you are definitely right. Live your hunt the way that pleases you (as long as what you do is legal).

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by korpi219 View Post
    i like waiting on monster bucks for a few years because i want all of my other deer to be big. and big deer make big deer. but if there is a lot of game movement then take the monster, because he has more than passed his genes on.
    Nope, good nutrition and age make big deer.

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by rrmont View Post
    I agree with dcernick, if you are happy with the deer then shoot it. If you want the big monster then by all means take him. He has more than likely already passed his genes on.
    The genes are probably passed on like you said so I totally agree!

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by dcernick View Post
    I think, as long as it's legal, you should shoot what ever makes you happy. If it's a trophy to you, then it's a trophy. I saw this guy on TV talking about his "bad neighbors" who don't practice the same idea of trophy management as him. Why does he feel he needs to tell us how to hunt. Not that I'm telling other people what to think, but my trophy room is a big white box, and I couldn't be more happy then when it's full of deer burger & steaks.
    There ya go! I like the big white box trophy room!

Leave a comment:

• rjbedrock
    replied
    I HEARD that the biggest buck in the HERD is a moron...just like you!

Leave a comment:

• Bo
    replied
    dcernick and rrmont, nailed it, in my mind. If you see one that you think you want, go for it. If you want to wait, do what you think is right. Hunting is the thing that drives many of us, why we do it may be different for each of us. But what you shoot is your personal preference, don't let anyone tell you how you are going to hunt when it's you doing it (legally) and the other guy doesn't have to live your life living by his decisions. We have too many people trying to run our lives as it is.

Leave a comment:

• korpi219
    replied
    i like waiting on monster bucks for a few years because i want all of my other deer to be big. and big deer make big deer. but if there is a lot of game movement then take the monster, because he has more than passed his genes on.

Leave a comment:

• rrmont
    replied
    I agree with dcernick, if you are happy with the deer then shoot it. If you want the big monster then by all means take him. He has more than likely already passed his genes on.

Leave a comment:

• dcernick
    replied
    I think, as long as it's legal, you should shoot what ever makes you happy. If it's a trophy to you, then it's a trophy. I saw this guy on TV talking about his "bad neighbors" who don't practice the same idea of trophy management as him. Why does he feel he needs to tell us how to hunt. Not that I'm telling other people what to think, but my trophy room is a big white box, and I couldn't be more happy then when it's full of deer burger & steaks.

Leave a comment:

• I have the privlage to hunt property that borders a hunting lodge in MT, and there is a lot of game movement, should I take the

I have the privlage to hunt property that borders a hunting lodge in MT, and there is a lot of game movement, should I take the biggest buck in the heard or wait for an even bigger one? or ethically do I let that monster buck breed for one more year?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Covid-19
    by jhjimbo
    Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
    Yesterday, 10:38 PM
  • Spur of the moment rifle
    by Amflyer
    I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
    Yesterday, 11:25 AM
  • The $20 Shooting Shack
    by fitch270
    So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
    09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
  • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
    by dewman
    one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
    09-15-2020, 08:42 AM
  • Dewman goes Teal hunting.
    by dewman
    So one of the farmers who doesn't hunt doves does hunt rails & snipe which opened the 1st, and teal which opened yesterday (Saturday). He asked me...
    09-13-2020, 04:48 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X