Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have the privlage to hunt property that borders a hunting lodge in MT, and there is a lot of game movement, should I take the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have the privlage to hunt property that borders a hunting lodge in MT, and there is a lot of game movement, should I take the

I have the privlage to hunt property that borders a hunting lodge in MT, and there is a lot of game movement, should I take the biggest buck in the heard or wait for an even bigger one? or ethically do I let that monster buck breed for one more year?

I think, as long as it's legal, you should shoot what ever makes you happy. If it's a trophy to you, then it's a trophy. I saw this guy on TV talking about his "bad neighbors" who don't practice the same idea of trophy management as him. Why does he feel he needs to tell us how to hunt. Not that I'm telling other people what to think, but my trophy room is a big white box, and I couldn't be more happy then when it's full of deer burger & steaks.

Comment

I agree with dcernick, if you are happy with the deer then shoot it. If you want the big monster then by all means take him. He has more than likely already passed his genes on.

Comment

i like waiting on monster bucks for a few years because i want all of my other deer to be big. and big deer make big deer. but if there is a lot of game movement then take the monster, because he has more than passed his genes on.

Comment

dcernick and rrmont, nailed it, in my mind. If you see one that you think you want, go for it. If you want to wait, do what you think is right. Hunting is the thing that drives many of us, why we do it may be different for each of us. But what you shoot is your personal preference, don't let anyone tell you how you are going to hunt when it's you doing it (legally) and the other guy doesn't have to live your life living by his decisions. We have too many people trying to run our lives as it is.

Comment

I HEARD that the biggest buck in the HERD is a moron...just like you!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Odd injury
              by fitch270
              Posted on F&S also.

This little button buck has been coming in the back yard this week for apples that fell. The kids had noticed he’s...
              10-17-2021, 05:12 PM
            • Blood trailing
              by fitch270
              Blood trailing ended up being a thing this weekend, figured I’d throw one more spin off out for the sake of serious discussion.

One of...
              10-13-2021, 08:42 PM
            • Gear Takeaways So Far This Year
              by fitch270
              I’ve always typically liked to travel light, hate carrying stuff I rarely use. So far this season I’ve twice now had reason to reconsider some basics....
              10-10-2021, 07:55 PM
            • Season update
              by fitch270
              Less than a week in and it’s been extremely active. Lots of close encounters and lots of buck activity but we haven’t drawn back yet. Strange thing...
              10-05-2021, 09:20 PM
            • Rimfire deer?
              by dewman
              Ok here's the discussion happening around here. (Missouri) All centerfire pistol calibers are deer legal here. Yes that includes the 380, 25auto. Have...
              10-04-2021, 02:04 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X