Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have been reading on here about deer scents and now I am overly confused. What is the difference between Doe Urine, Doe Estrou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been reading on here about deer scents and now I am overly confused. What is the difference between Doe Urine, Doe Estrou

I have been reading on here about deer scents and now I am overly confused. What is the difference between Doe Urine, Doe Estrous Urine, and Buck Lure? Also, when do you folks use what you use: Early Season, Pre,During, and Post ruts? Thanks for the advice.

"Estrus urine" is when the doe is in heat, so I will assume "Deer urine" is when she is not in heat(I do not see the point of that...). Buck lure is probably similar to estrus urine. I never use any scent products though.

Comment

I never use scents, waste of time IMHO. Just my 2 cents...

Comment

I've used the buck bomb doe estrus and I'd say it works. Laid a scent trail around my stand and shot a buck that had his nose right on it following the j hook I made. My buddy was hunting behind a blueberry barren that was being burned and had a can of the stuff bust in his pack, he was walking out to change spots and a buck followed his trail and paid for it. I think the right scent at the right time makes a difference, a buck in heat is going to be looking for does that are also in heat. Coincidentally I shot a deer opening day last year without any scent, so the spot makes a difference too.

Comment

Deer scents are an important ingredient in the daily lives of deer whether for food,self defense,or reproduction.Hunters can take advantage of these facts ,and use of scent products to lure deer in close ,and masking scents do work.Still as in grunt or rattling, even food plots,nothing is absolute.During bow season I use a target arrow covered with doe scent that I shoot into an opening on the ground,if deer scents don't work then why did so many end up at camp ?

Comment

Scent is very important in the daily life of a deer. If their sense of smell is as good as we think then;
            There is no way for us to cover our scent because they will smell the cover scent plus all the other scents on us.
            If the commercial scent supplier uses fake scent or urine from actual deer with a preservative in it, the wild deer will smell the difference. If there is no preservative then it will smell old to the wild deer & they are looking for fresh scents not day old.
            Personally I think some deer are curious so at odd times a scent will only appear to work. At other times the thermal currents are undetected by the hunter so a deer coming in from "downwind" really is not, giving the hunter the illusion of an effective cover scent.
            Over 40 years I have experimented with 100s of scent concoctions and all the fancy expensive commercial sex whatever scents work no better than the scent of a woman's cheap perfume.
            So I decided to save my money and focus on good hunting skills. The only benefit of a scent is the confidence that it may provide the individual hunter.
            later,
            charlie

Comment

LOL CHEAP PERFUME ON CHEAP WOMEN works for me.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget