Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was blessed beyond belief to be able to go on a European roe deer hunt this past weekend in the Czech republic and I scored bi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was blessed beyond belief to be able to go on a European roe deer hunt this past weekend in the Czech republic and I scored bi

I was blessed beyond belief to be able to go on a European roe deer hunt this past weekend in the Czech republic and I scored big time with a monster roe buck. My question now is how do I transport a trophy mount back to the states?

You will have to talk to the airline you are flying with, they are all different.

Comment

Please don't take this the wrong way, but maybe you should've thought of a solution to this issue beforehand?

Comment

Your outfitter may know something about this. You can't be the first American to hunt with him. Congrats on the successful hunt.

Comment

Wow huntfishtrap...if I wanted that answer I would have asked my wife! Sometimes opportunities come up so quickly that you jump first and think latter. I have many solutions just trying to figure out which is best and seeing if anyone has done this before and has any tips.

Comment

I am curious- what is the story behind this all of a sudden hunting opportunity?
            later,
            charlie

Comment

I'm curious as well....also, have you made any progess since you originally asked the question? Take any pictures while you were there?

Comment

Thanks for asking I grew up in the Czech republic as a missionary kid. Always wanted to go on a hunt but never had the opportunity. In 2005 I moved back tothe US for college and career, married my high school sweetheart from Prague and put my dream on hold. A month ago I was sitting at home planning our vacation to go back to czech to see family and my wife said By the way my dad has a friend who hunts in Czech and I told him it was your dream to hunt in Europe so he said he'd be happy to take you. I almost fell off my chair. so when we got to Prague I met up with the man and the next day he took me to his property in northern Czech republic and that night I had the opportunity to harvest a giant roe buck. It was a wonderful experience and I still can't believe it happened! I did take many pictures...once I edit them I will put them up. So far I contacted the airlines and they told me it will be simple. Just need to fill out paper work.

Comment

Nice story and congratulations on a good roe buck and a fulfilled lifelong dream.
                  Now what's your dream hunt?
                  later,
                  charlie

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                    by jhjimbo
                    If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                    Today, 02:15 PM
                  • Pay it forward
                    by fitch270
                    I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                    10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                  • Reloading Gear Order
                    by fitch270
                    I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                    10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                  • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                    by dewman
                    Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                    10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                  • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                    by Ernie
                    Any handgun hunters here?
                    Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                    10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X