Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With only about a month to go,is it to late to start practicing with my bow and new arrows to be ready for the upcoming deer bo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With only about a month to go,is it to late to start practicing with my bow and new arrows to be ready for the upcoming deer bo

With only about a month to go,is it to late to start practicing with my bow and new arrows to be ready for the upcoming deer bow season ?

Yep, it's way too late. You might as well forget about hunting this season and start getting ready for 2013. So sorry.

Comment

Hi...

I doubt that it is too late. You can get in a lot of practice in one month.

If you've been an archer previously, all of your skills should come back in no time at all.

Goog luck.

Comment

You should have plenty of time. Just make sure your confident of your shot by the time you get in the stand.

Comment

It should only take 2-3 days to get sighted in, then you have the rest of the month to practice. Plenty of time.

Comment

I would do it this way:
            Sight in a 10 yard pin and practice. Once you feel like you are hitting every shot, move on to sighting in a 20 yard pin. Don't bother sighting in a pin before you are perfect before the one before.

Comment

Apparently, some folks are unable to recognize blatant sarcasm.

Comment

+1 to you Pineywoods. Hard to believe how quick those minuses showed up.
                No problem in getting that bow ready to go. If you are an experienced archer you can probably set your pins in a day. If not, JM has some good advice for you.

Comment

Yep, I totally agree with the other guys, if you are already an experienced archer, a month should be plenty of time to get used to a new bow, and sighting it in should only take a day. (I assume you have a new bow, as well as new arrows.) If you can't do it in a month, it might not be a good bow for you.

Comment

Start practicing if your drilling bulleyes in monthand feel good about being able to make a shot, yes. if at that point the answer to either is no then no.

Comment

Your first answer was funny Piney, especially since it's old 6P that's asking this question. He does string us along. ;-)
                      later,
                      charlie

Comment

Good answer piney. It is never too late to start practicing. It is better to go out with some practice than to go out with no practice.

Comment

Practice makes perfect practice is what I say though. Shooting straight at the target teaches you how the arrows fly BUT try shooting from the porch into a target into the yard. Practice your uphill and downhill shots is my main thing. One thing I advise is check for any fraying that happened to your serving or string for that matter. I noticed a small fray right at my serving and won't take ant chances of that snapping off in my face come 12 point buck time. When practicing, shoot as if your shooting a rifle at the range, take a shot, study it, take a breather, then re-fire. Don't overwork muscles you haven't used in months possibly. Before I practice, I take a resistance band from a Walmart and heat up my rotator cuffs and shoulders.

Comment

I agree with the others. It's never to late to start.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dads gun #2 Browning auto5 20ga
                              by dewman
                              Last time it was shot was a pheasant hunt in Colorado in '84. I'll have to remedy that. This gun is feather light. Wish the choke was ic or mod. It's...
                              Yesterday, 08:40 AM
                            • Dads gun #1 S&W 28-2. .357
                              by dewman
                              Got my fathers 28-2 357 to go with my 29-2 44mag. Check out the safari land flap holster. ...
                              Yesterday, 07:59 AM
                            • What is taking so long ?
                              by jhjimbo
                              Can't be that hard for the Administrator to 86 the spammers....
                              09-21-2020, 07:52 PM
                            • Burn cream
                              by CD2
                              Drugstore used to carry a white silver cream.
                              No longer does.
                              Was maybe 10 bucks or so for a little tube.
                              Bargain.

Got...
                              09-21-2020, 05:39 PM
                            • Colorado surprise. Couple of dads guns.
                              by dewman
                              So even with all the wrangling being done to screw we 4 sons of my father I got a little lucky. Even though my stepmom is still alive and her 3 sons from...
                              09-20-2020, 10:12 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X