Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was trying to relate sunday bans on hunting,to the cats.TRUE, the fat cat is the better hunter.HE HAS NO NEED TO BE IN A HURRY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was trying to relate sunday bans on hunting,to the cats.TRUE, the fat cat is the better hunter.HE HAS NO NEED TO BE IN A HURRY

I was trying to relate sunday bans on hunting,to the cats.TRUE, the fat cat is the better hunter.HE HAS NO NEED TO BE IN A HURRY,LESS CHANCE TO MAKE MISTAKES,AND IS SELECTIVE IN HIS ATTEMPTS. THE working man with only saturday to hunt is the skinny cat,Sunday HUNTING WOULD ALLOW MORE CHANCES TO WAIT ON BETTER BUCKS,LESS SPIKES ,FORKS TAKEN. THE CHANCES FOR AN ERRANT OR HURRIED SHOT MAKES SUNDAY HUNTING BANS LESS SAFE FOR OTHERS. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

LOL 6phunter, I was wondering where that cat question came from! I actually do agree with you though, your reasoning might be unusual, but it makes sense to me.

Comment

Plenty of weekend warriors get their deer, and they aren't all small deer either. On the flip side plenty of people that hunt all week don't get a big deer or even one deer. I don't think Sunday hunting bans make hunting any less safe than on any other day. Sure the extra day gives you another opportunity, but it doesn't make the sport any less safe than it already is. I know guys from states that have the Sunday hunting ban and guys from states that don't have it. Based off of my experience I don't think it makes it any less safe, though I would like the extra day myself because success is often dictated by how much time you can put in. If someone is going to take a bad shot on a deer they are going to do it whether or not a Sunday ban is in effect or not, you aren't thinking about that when the animal is in front of you, all you are thinking about is that it might get away so you should either shoot or not.

Comment

It only takes one person to mess everything up.

Comment

I've felt that pressure. Busy civilian job, Army Reserve and family schedule during hunting season and down to maybe 2 clear weekends during hunting season. Panic starts to set in when the freezer is empty. Panic is never good when sitting in the stand.

Sure would be nice if Virginia gave it's citizens the freedom and liberty to choose to participate (or not to particpate) in the only activity in the state that is legal the other 6 days of the week but banned on Sunday.

Comment

IMO Sunday bans just maked it tough for working folks to spend much time in the field. As for who gets bigger or beter deer, sometimes it doesn't matter. I just enjoy my time out there and want to maximize it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Remington news
              by fitch270
              Just caught this on another forum, wanted to pass it along and get thoughts from anyone interested. Hopefully something good will come out of it.
              09-27-2020, 05:55 PM
            • Grips and stocks
              by dewman
              so I was shooting the 357 I received from my father yesterday afternoon. The magnas that came on it gave me a good grip but were small enough to make...
              09-27-2020, 08:55 AM
            • Youth pheasant hike
              by fitch270
              Just the girl and the younger dog today. Ok, so we went hunting but she didn't pop a primer.

Started out with a guilt trip, I let the dogs...
              09-26-2020, 08:41 PM
            • Son of a Fitch; goin' mobile
              by fitch270
              Kid got his drivers license today, only points off were for not actually turning to look behind him when he pulled out from parallel parking. I told him...
              09-25-2020, 08:27 PM
            • Unusual Sound
              by jhjimbo
              At camp in S. Ohio I was almost asleep and I heard the strangest howl-screech, bark that I have ever heard. Raised the hair on my neck. About 30min later...
              09-25-2020, 02:17 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X