Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I live in a newer development that is in a suburb in a NJ town. The development property is huge but only a small corner of it i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I live in a newer development that is in a suburb in a NJ town. The development property is huge but only a small corner of it i

I live in a newer development that is in a suburb in a NJ town. The development property is huge but only a small corner of it is actually developed, the rest is wooded area. I have been watching some nice bucks come out of an opening every night at the same time. Any idea's on who I could ask for permission to bow hunt in my development? I know the company that develops it is a huge real estate company so not sure if I should write them or if I need to go somewhere else. I know this is probably futile but it can't hurt to ask.

Would have to be whoever owns the land. I know around here there are many developed areas that still contain deer, so the city allows the owners of the land to have a certain number of bow hunters come and reduce the numbers. If I were you I would start with writing the real estate company; the worst that could happen is them telling you not to hunt there.

Comment

If you can meet someone at the development company face-to-face, I would do it that way, rather than writing them. But if you can't meet somebody, then I guess writing's your only option.

Comment

if your told no,get some friends to call and complain about deer causing accidents to thier vehicles and considering filing suit. wait a few days and ask again

Comment

that's a great idea 6phunter. I'm going to try to write them as their headquarters are in another state. See what happens.

Comment

I can see where 6phunter is going, but do not call saying that deer are causing accidents. They will call your bluff(The police reports are open to them due to being on their property - as in they can find out you are lying in about 5 minutes). You could call saying that the deer are a nuisance. Could be as simple as they are going to the bathroom on your sidewalk or eating plants.
            -To be honest, if they use common sense they will want you to go in and hunt before they begin developing the land.
            -Good luck.

Comment

Great idea 6phunter, I think using a form of extortion (lying about threatening to file suit over deer/car accidents that never happened) is the best way of gaining hunting access ever...NOT!!! All that will do is give hunters in general a bad reputation.

Comment

lol hunters already have a bad rap from non hunters and if your already told no whats to lose?The truly best way is get permission first to walk your dog in the area then see if you can practice bow shooting, teaching kids etc. build a rapport slowly, if no is the answer , figure out your best method ,I'LL FILE SUIT

Comment

btw never take the first no as a final answer,a large company, the peons will tell you no as a safe play. keeping asking for a bigger boss and then keep his phone ringing. I was told no definitely not for 5 years,finally they relented,I HUNTED.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Covid-19
                    by jhjimbo
                    Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                    09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
                  • Spur of the moment rifle
                    by Amflyer
                    I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                    09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
                  • The $20 Shooting Shack
                    by fitch270
                    So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
                    09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
                  • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
                    by dewman
                    one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
                    09-15-2020, 08:42 AM
                  • Dewman goes Teal hunting.
                    by dewman
                    So one of the farmers who doesn't hunt doves does hunt rails & snipe which opened the 1st, and teal which opened yesterday (Saturday). He asked me...
                    09-13-2020, 04:48 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X